Get rid of Guilt
by Alison Richards
DO YOU FEEL NOT GOOD ENOUGH?
Western society is immersed in blame and guilt. Right from the core of our cultural beliefs through to education, politics and religion. All of them lead with fear and blame.
We are told that as humans we sinned from our conception, our vocabulary and language is delivered almost from a third party point of view with “shoulds” and “coulds” all over the place.
Our need to prove ourselves starts from the offset of our existence and goes through our childhood conditioning.
Then as parents, we take on what was modelled and then have the opportunity to feel guilty again. We live our lives in the past which can lead to feelings of not feeling good enough.
It’s no wonder then that we are feeling guilty and a sense of never being good enough.
We can blame it on the systems, the people… we can even blame it on the rain. We can exonerate ourselves because we buy into the belief that we were designed to be imperfect – confess… and repeat the pattern. Our denial hands over our power and we can use this as a reference to anchor and headline our failure and weakness. Wow what a story?
What if I told you it didn’t have to be that way?
If this resonates with you, know that you are not alone and that coaching and hypnosis can have a transformational positive effect resulting in being happy and confident.
If guilt is your dominant belief put the following ideas into your daily routine.
1.Take the right hand and put it over your left should and grip your neck. Turn your neck to right and repeat in your mind, “I am not guilty. Mother, I am not guilty”.
Notice your breath as you release the guilt from your emotional body.
2. Read the affirmations. Select or modify one or two that ring strongly with you and make you have a feeling of victory. Repeat these every morning and every evening.
- "There is no blame -I release the need to blame anyone, including myself. We are all doing the best we can with the understanding, knowledge, and awareness we have."
- Even though I feel like I should be guilty, I choose to love and accept myself exactly as I am
- I am OK and it is safe for me to forgive myself
- I am learning and improving everyday, I am patient with myself, I love myself and accept myself as I am
- I let go and release any self-blame or guilt, I don't need those feelings anymore, I can let them go
- Today, I choose to lovingly accept myself as I am and I choose to compliment myself and give myself credit for the good things I do
- I release and let go of all self-criticism
- I forgive myself for being so hard on myself
- I am good enough, always been good enough, and I do my best; hence I am deserving of good things and joy
- I completely love and accept myself as I am
An Exercise in Letting Go
Here’s an exercise you can do to help you let go of any unhelpful emotions and relax.
As you read this exercise, take a deep breath, and as you exhale, allow the tension to leave your body.
Let your scalp, forehead, and face relax. Your head need not be tense in order for you to read.
Let your tongue, throat, and shoulders relax,
Let your back, abdomen, and pelvis relax. Let your breathing deepen and be at peace as you relax your legs and feet.
Can you feel a noticeable change in your body since you started reading the previous paragraph?
In this relaxed, comfortable position, repeat aloud:
“I am willing to let go. I release. I let go. I release all tension. I release all fear. I release all anger. I release all guilt. I release all sadness.
I let go of old limitations. I let go, and I am at peace. I am at peace with myself. I am at peace with the process of life. I am safe.”
Go over this exercise two or three times. Repeat it whenever thoughts of difficulty come up.
To increase and strengthen the intensity of the exercise do this in the mirror. Say it will your gremlins voice. Say it loudly and assertively.
And finally, say it calmly, adopting a voice of acceptance and knowing. It takes a little practice for the routine to become a part of you. Once you’re familiar with this exercise, you can do it anywhere at any time. You will be able to relax complete in any situation. Love and light - Alison