The Cuda Nation
BBST Newsletter, Volume 11, Issue 1
practice begins this monday 4/15
Please stay tuned for information to be sent out via remind.
Sign up for Remind Alerts! You can text the following to 81010, or download the app
- 6U swimmers @cudas6u
- 7/8 swimmers @cudas78
- 9/10 swimmers @cudas910
- 11/12 swimmers @cudas1112
- 13U swimmers @cudas13u
THIS IS THE WAY WILL COMMUNICATE PRACTICE CHANGES (ie: for inclement weather, pool temperature). I encourage your swimmers that have access to remind, sign up for their own remind accounts.
Share pictures your social media: #cudas2019
This is an OPTIONAL program for 13u and 6u swimmers who are paired up to support each other!
If you are interested in participating here is the signup genius or for more information
How many Volunteer Shifts do we need this year?
Please note that this will not be final til registration and drops are complete.
positions still needed
- Board position-Volunteer Coordinator
- Chair position-Volunteer chair
- Chair position-Ready Bench Leads-new chair position this year. We want 2-4 experienced people to run the ready bench during our 3 home meets
- Officials-Head Timer and Stroke & Turn
We are looking for 4 more officials this season. The training only takes a few hours and is free.
Please contact Nick Hopper at 281-741-1055 or email@example.com for more details and how to register for training.
Mark your Calendar
- 4/15 Last day to order suits from D&J Sports
- 4/15 1st day of practice
- 4/19 Good Friday-no practice
- 4/19 Last day to order cuda gear
- 4/20 Last day of late registration
- 5/2 & 5/3 Time trials @ the main Bridgeland Pool only-schedule to come soon
- 5/3 Last day to drop for a refund, minus $10 for the team shirt
- 5/6 Team pictures, no practice
- 5/10 Pep rally-no practice
- 5/11 Swim meet v. Wortham (away)
- 5/18 Swim meet v. Coles Crossing (home)
- 5/25 Swim meet v. Fairfield (away)
- 5/27 Memorial Day-no practice
- 5/30 Last day of school-no practice
- 5/31 Pep rally-no practice
- 6/1 Swim meet v. Stonegate (home)
- 6/2-6/3 Summer Thunder invitational (qualifying times needed)
- 6/8 Swim meet v. Woodlands (home)
- 6/10 Team party @ the main Bridgeland pool
- 6/15 Bye week-no meet
- 6/21 Pep rally-no practice
- 6/22 Championship meet
- 6/24 Awards Ceremony
- 6/29 & 6/30 RWB & Ponderosa Invitationals (qualifying times needed)
PLEASE WATCH YOUR CUDAS & LITTLE SIBLINGS!
Although most of the kids playing around the pool are on the swim team and reasonably good swimmers, we request parents watch their kids. Even the best swimmer can struggle if they accidentally fall into the water.
It is very tempting for younger children to splash in the water around the diving boards or near the steps, but this is dangerous and not allowed during swim team practices and swim meets. Only registered swim team participants should be in the water and only during their designated practice time.
If your child is waiting for their practice to begin and wants to play ball, they must use the grassy area outside the fence between the pool and the playground equipment. Not only is it a larger area, but it is safer as well. Footballs, frisbees, and other sports balls are not allowed inside the pool area during practice and swim meets. We have had incidents in the past where parents and children have been hit.
Please keep your children from pulling the bark off the trees and removing the mulch at the base of the trees. The team is responsible for any damage to the landscaping around the pool area.
Climbing on the fence around the pool is not allowed. If you or your child need something outside the fence perimeter, please exit the pool area through the main pool gates to retrieve it.
We really want to keep practices open, meaning non-swimmers can be inside the gates during practice. However, if we have people that are not following the rules, we will have to do a closed practice. This means the only people allowed inside the pool gates during practice will be the coaches and swimmers in the current practice. All others would have to sit outside the gates.
If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to contact the Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your help with this!
RULES & REMINDERS FOR PARENTS AND SWIMMERS
As swim team practices begin, we need everyone's assistance in order to make efficient use of time and have a successful season as a result.
- The pool, activity center and surrounding areas are no smoking (including vape) areas.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be openly consumed in and around the pool area, including Festival Park and the Activity Center.
- BBST has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. Any behavior determined by the Board of Directors to be bullying will result in the dismissal of that swimmer or family from the team without a refund. This includes swimmers, siblings, parents and other adults and children at practices, pep rallies, special events, or meets.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area (except for Service Animals wearing the proper identification).
2019 Bridgeland Barracuda sponsors
Cuda Families, we encourage you to show your support of these businesses as a thank you for their contributions to our swim team.
Texas Terrapins Swim Team
CyFair Swim Club