Class of 2023
Important Graduation Information
- It is critical that all seniors are working hard to ensure that they will finish the year successfully and earn the credits required to graduate. Any student who does not meet the academic requirements for graduation, including community service hours, will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Seniors will receive four (4) tickets to graduation after the second rehearsal on June 7th. Please remember that all seniors must return their Chromebooks and chargers to the library before they will receive their tickets. More information on the Chromebook collection can be found in the next section of this newsletter.
If there are extra tickets available, we will allow students to claim these tickets in front of the auditorium on Thursday, June 8 at 7:30 am. First come, first serve. Only graduates will be issued extra tickets. Family and/or friends CANNOT stand in line for the extra tickets.
All students are required to attend graduation practices on Tuesday, June 6 & Wednesday, June 7. Practice begins at 1:00 pm both days. These are mandatory.
Reminder that our graduation ceremony is formal attire. Please focus on looking your best! If you have questions about what to wear, please contact an administrator. We do have a boutique here at school open to any student who would like to borrow formal attire. We only ask that it is returned after being dry-cleaned.
A decision to delay the ceremony for inclement weather will be made by 9 am and communicated via Infinite Campus messenger. The rain date and time is Saturday, June 10th at 10 am.
Each graduate will need to be at school and in line on graduation day at 12:15 pm. (9:15 am if on Saturday)
The front bowl will open for seating at 12:00 pm on Graduation Day.
On-lookers without a ticket may stand anywhere above the bowl, outside of the fencing.
A recording of this year's graduation will be available on our school's YouTube channel
Diploma pick-up after the ceremony will occur in front of the JFK Fieldhouse. Please stop to pick up your diploma before you leave. Only graduates will be allowed to pick up their diplomas at this time. Those not picked up on Friday will be available in the main office beginning Monday, June 12th.
- Chromebook Collection Procedure and Policy -
All seniors must return their Chromebooks and chargers before they will receive their tickets to graduation
- Graduation Formal Attire -
Formal Wear is Described as the Following:
- Dresses are to be knee length or longer (recommended)
- Dresses should be appropriate for a school function
- If you would like to wear a pant suit, that is perfectly fine. A pant suit consists of a collared shirt, suit coat/blazer, dress pants, and a tie (optional).
- Cultural apparel is considered appropriate formal wear
- Shoes you are able to walk in, high heels are discouraged.
- Dress pants
- Collared, button-down shirt
NO CAPS & GOWNS!
Baseball hats are not allowed, however, you may wear a dress hat.
Sunglasses are allowed.
- The Boatique -
Thank you to all of our Junior Ships who will be participating in the graduation ceremony as Ushers and Flower Girls. These students play a big part in making the graduation ceremony an event to remember!
- Graduation Traffic Notice -
- Pre-Order Your Graduation Ceremony Photo Today! -
- Community Service Project -
All students are required to complete 20 hours of community service. This is a graduation requirement. Seniors, the due date to have your community service hours complete, documented, and turned in to the Main Office is May 15! If this is not complete, you cannot participate in the graduation ceremony and you will not receive your diploma until all hours are logged.
Service Project Verification Form
- SENIORS SPOTLIGHTS -
Seniors! The Leadership Class is taking over Senior Spotlights on social media this year! Please fill out this Google form with your selection of photo and your plans after high school! Submissions will also be part of the a special slideshow during WIN on May 8! Your families and friends want to celebrate you! So submit your info today!https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLRuHUVE6I0hxMyC3OnAGhDl347oKNfSaqvjZuF7ezM4SxBw/viewform
LHS Contact Information
If you need to contact one of us, please utilize the contact information below.
Lee Thennes - Principal
Lainey Longmeyer - Associate Principal
Brian Thielhelm - Associate Principal
Ben Ruechel - Dean of Students
Stan Diedrich - Atheltics & Activities Director