THS Choir Newsletter
April 19th, 2020
This week's message from Mrs. Brewer
THS choir weekly calendar
Mrs. Brewer's work phone is 832-953-5302 (8am-4pm.). Do not hesitate to call.
Google Classroom Assignments for this week
Participation Grade (completion grade):
- Daily Warm up: The warm ups will be like the ones from last week, (4-5 minutes piece). Use your school id to log in to edpuzzle, sing with the video and answer a question. 20 points a piece for completion. You must submit the question to receive credit.
- NO SIGHTREADING THIS WEEK.
- This is the first part of a 3 part project. You need to pick a song that speaks to you, especially during this time, or one that helps you escape. In the upcoming weeks, you will prepare it and sing it. This week, find a recording to sing with and answer questions about it. There is no upload this week. Find recordings with and without the voice and answer the questions about the song.
Parents can join the google classroom. Email me and I will send you an invitation.
Checklist for this week
- Do your daily warm up. They are a little longer, but there are no sightreading exercises or video uploads. They are meant to be done daily, not in a clump. They are great to do between subjects! You just sing and answer the question.
- Read the comments in edpuzzle. That is how I am communicating with you daily.
- Everything turned in before 5 on Friday, except the video, has been graded and returned. Make sure all of your assignments are returned. I left comments if you need to redo an assignment.
- Make sure you are up to date with all of your choir assignments, especially warm ups and Sightreading assignments.
- OFFICERS: Look for a meeting invitation.
- Watch the videos I have provided in google classroom so you do the assignment correctly.
- CONTACT YOUR TEACHERS if you have any issues via email, googleclassroom or their google voice number.
- Look at your calendar in googleclassroom to help organize your due dates.
- Breathe....it will be ok.
Text your class code to 81010
2nd period Concert Men @b99k
3rd period Varsity Chorale @be3f49
4th period Concert Women @h296bk
6th period Advanced Women: @k33f4
Cuttime is cleaning up the choir database because of duplicate accounts. When they are done, I will check the database with the information I pulled from the receipt book. Once that is done, I will send that information to you so you can check it against your records. I will also see if you would like to roll it over to next year's trip. Please remember that we cannot make any financial transactions until the school is open.
This will help you troubleshoot some of the programs your child is using.