1) He received a PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie-Mellon University
2) He has built satellite data acquisition systems, a multiprocessor version of Unix, several compilers, mail systems and window managers
3) He has also built a WYSIWYG text editor, a constraint based drawing editor and a text editor called `Emacs' for Unix systems
4) He did the original design of the Java programming language and implemented its original compiler and virtual machine.
5) He is considered the following of the programming language