Logical Plan Design
What can we do to conserve energy in our school?
Windows and Solar Energy
Price of Installation
How Will We Raise the money?
- It costs a lot of money
- If it's cloudy or the sun is not out, it will be a waste of money installing all those windows.
- Associated with pollution
- Energy storage is expensive
- Exotic Materials
1. "Energy Saving Tips for Schools." Energy Saving Tips for Schools. Web. 04 Feb. 2016. <http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/principals/infrastructure/Pages/sustainabilityenergy.aspx>.
2. How Much Does It Cost to Install Solar on an Average US House? - Solar Power Authority." Solar Power Authority. 2012. Web. 10 Feb. 2016.
3. "How Much Does It Cost to Replace Windows?" Angie's List. 2013. Web. 08 Feb. 2016.
4. "Richard J. Lee Elementary." The Building As a Tool / Facts About the Building. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
5. "The Green Squad: Library." The Green Squad: Library. Web. 04 Feb. 2016. <http://www.nrdc.org/greensquad/library/energy_use.asp>.
6. "Richard J. Lee Elementary." The Building As a Tool / Facts About the Building. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
7. Piles of Money / Boing Boing." Boing Boing. Web. 10 Feb. 2016.
- 1 kilowatt per hour costs 11 cents
- Solar panel capacity is 10 watts per square foot.
- The average kilowatt per hour costs 10 cents
Solar Panel System Components
Controller: Protects batteries by regulating the flow of electricity.
Batteries: Store Electricity for later use.
Inverter: converts energy stored in a battery to voltage needed to run standard electrical equipment.