Parent Newsletter, Greenwood School Dist. 50, SC, Dec 2014
La Puerta de Esperanza!
715 Chipley Avenue, Greenwood, SC 29646
Open Monday through Thursday
Para información en Español
There are steps you can take in your daily life to help protect you from getting the flu.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Get plenty of sleep and exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat healthy food.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicine
Low-priced Activities for Teens and Families to Do During Winter Break
Host a Holiday Movie Marathon.
Prepare a spread of some holiday snacks (like these easy-to-make chocolate-covered candy canes & pretzels), pick up some holiday movies and relax in front of the TV with some friends.
Why not? Thanks to the holidays, you'll already be in the giving spirit - and with school out, you have no excuse not to give a little love to your community.
Make a Gingerbread House
And then eat it. Bonus points if you make it with your mom or dad. Double-bonus points if you sing along to holiday music while you work.
This one's for the teens that aren't afraid to dork out a little. But seriously, how fun would it be to tell Santa what you want for Christmas for old time's sake (and get a picture to prove it)?