Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ
April 4, 2016
A Note from the Interim Principal
Happy Easter! It is great to be back with you after the Easter holiday. I also had the opportunity to attend the NCEA (National Catholic Education Association) Conference in San Diego from Easter Monday to the following Thursday. It is so inspiring to be surrounded by Catholic educators from across the world --- all with lives dedicated to faith formation and academic excellence for the next generation of global leaders. The presentation spanned every topic imaginable and were excellent. And being in San Diego (my home for 5 years) was an awesome bonus! Easter Blessings to each of you as we continue these 50 days of Easter until Pentecost Sunday!
- Wednesday, 4/6 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Holocaust Museum
- Wednesday, 4/6 - Running Club - 3:15 p.m.
- Thursday, 4/7 - Mass Hosted by 4th Grade - 8:15 a.m.
- Thursday, 4/7 - Dad's Club Meeting at Mama's Pizza on Camp Bowie - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, 4/8 - Spring Pictures (Sunday Dress)
- Friday, 4/8 - Student Council Middle School Dance - 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m
- Tuesday, April 12th - 5th Grade Field trip to Southwest Airlines
- Tuesday, April 12th - Kendra Scott Party - 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13th - Running Club - 3:15 p.m.
- Thursday, April 14th - Mass Hosted by 3rd Grade - 8:15 a.m.
- Friday, April 15th - 8th Grade Retreat Field Trip
Christ Bearer Award Recipients
Highest Honors Honor Roll
Congratulations to these students who eared a numerical average of 96 or above with no grades below 70, no "incompletes" and a conduct grade of 80 or above...
5th Grade - Thomas Conway, William Hughes, Ivan Lopez, Cooper Salerno,
6th Grade - Alexandra Acuna, Mia Flores, Emily Grimes, Nikita Marquardt,
7th Grade - Erin Fishman, Griffin Kopp, Claudia Leidner, Kate Morton, Nathan Pierce,
8th Grade - Tara Fitzsimons, Grace Chambers, Madison Grimes, Matthew Jones,
Jacob Marquardt, Rachel Sibal, Kaitlyn Speairs, Nicole Zavala
High Honors Honor Roll
Congratulations to these students who eared a numerical average of 90 to 95 with no grades below 70, no "incompletes" and a conduct grade of 80 or above...
5th Grade - Samuel Asprilla, Noah Esquivel, Jackson Thompson
6th Grade - Connor Cook, Mia Cortez, Sidney Esquivel, Avery Gilbert, Michael Jones,
Genevieve Miller, Luke Mitter, Phillip Speairs, Stefan Saba, Mathilda Thompson, Steven Thrower, Chloe Wong-Hoyt, Ethan Zavala
7th Grade -Brayden Hamilton, Mandy McCans, Ryan Phillips, Eliana Romero,
Kelsey Sterett, Garrett Wartelle
8th Grade - Andrea Acuna, Olivia Asprilla, Delaney Boley, Anna Conway,
Ciara Esquivel, Jenna Mance, Daniel Neff, Hunter Phillips, Payton Thompson,
Congratulations to these students who eared a numerical average of 86 to 89 with no grades below 70, no "incompletes" and a conduct grade of 80 or above...
5th Grade - Mary Michael Johnson, Samuel Morales, Grant Neill
7th Grade - Julian Bell
8th Grade - Nicholas Velez
Out of Uniform for Honor Roll Students
Accelerated Reader Award Winners
Congratulations to the top AR readers for the 3rd quarter!
1st Place - Tuesday Hiett
2nd Place - Milla Saba
3rd Place - Jenna Milotte
1st Place - Sophia Ordaz
2nd Place - Eliza Hilliard
3rd Place - Isabella Almas
1st Place - Sophia Hughes
2nd Place - Chloe McLain
3rd Place - Jordan Hill
1st Place - Klement Rix
2nd Place - Aidan Souder
3rd Place - Daniel Aselage
1st Place - Ivan Lopez
2nd Place - William Hughes
3rd Place - Cooper Salerno
1st Place - Emily Grimes
2nd Place - Nikita Marquardt
3rd Place - Mathilda Thompson
1st Place - Nathan Pierce
2nd Place - Erin Fishman
3rd Place - Ava Terrell
1st Place - Tara Fitzsimmons
2nd Place - Grace Chambers
3rd Place - Anna Conway
Spring PIcture Day - April 8th
Mark your calendar! Spring Picture Day is THIS Friday, April 8, 2016.
Students may attend school in their Sunday dress or favorite outfit that follows the school's non-uniform guidelines detailed in the Family Handbook. All Students will be photographed. Order forms were sent home last week. Send no money now, but choose your background on the order form and return it to your child's teacher by THIS Wednesday, April 6. Portrait packages will be delivered at a later date for your review. At that time you will have the option to purchase your portraits. A portion of all purchases are returned to HFCS.
Principal for the Day
Tech Buzz - Laptop Update
The Technology Committee met just before the Easter Break. We examined the first laptop option for our classrooms. We are waiting for the next two to arrive before making the decision to see what will best serve our students. More information to come.
Book Grant from The Red Oak Foundation
Many thanks to the Red Oak Foundation for providing books to each of our PK3 and PK4 students. Red Oak Books and the Diocese of Fort Worth have agreed to a partnership to promote reading aloud to young children by providing books for pre-kindergarten students attending All Saints, Holy Family, Our Lady of Victory, Our Mother of Mercy, St. George, St. Peter and St. Rita Catholic schools. Before the books were given to the students, they were read aloud. Mrs. Vasquez even read the Spanish version to our students. We are so thankful for this generous gift.
HFCS Middle School Dance - April 8th
You won't want to miss the dance this weekend. Prizes for the best 80's attire. See you there!
April 15th - Regular School Day
From Our HFCS PTO
We had a very productive (though small) meeting on March 29 and a delicious potluck dinner. Next school year’s calendar is drafted and being worked for completeness and conflicts.
The next PTO meeting is April 26. It was announced earlier as a morning meeting; but evening seems to be better for most people. So: April 26, 6:00 p.m. with childcare by our wonderful Extended Day Staff. We’re planning PTO meetings to be on the last Tuesday of the month.
It is time to fill leadership positions for next year. Here are the areas/roles:
- President-in-Waiting (or call it Vice President, this is the person who will be president in 2017-18.)
- Room Parents – at least two per grade works well. These, of course, can be grandparents or other relatives who have Safe Environment Certification. It would be very helpful to discuss/decide these now for next year.
- Focal Points
o Teacher Appreciation
o Fund Raising - Mandy Jonkers will do this again next year, thanks Mandy!!
o Projects (maybe)
IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN ANY OF THESE AREAS, PLEASE LET ME OR YOUR ROOM PARENTS KNOW AND WE WILL DISCUSS FURTHER. All Roles can be shared. Email è email@example.com
Lost & Found
Time to Re-enroll!
CRS Rice Bowls
Advisory Council Nominations
Advisory Council is a great way to get involved and support our school. Next year, Advisory Council will expand to include more members and additional committees. Committees support our school in strategic planning, maintaining Catholic identity, marketing and communication, budget review and technology. The committees are as follows:
The full council will meet every other month and committees will meet in the odd month. Each council member will chair a committee.
Please circle committee interest and give any experience qualifying you to chair a committee.
1. Executive Committee– Board leadership, coordination of board function and responsibilities
2. Mission Effectiveness – propose policies to make sure school maintains Catholic identity and carries out the mission
3. Committee on Council Members – create a process for recruiting board members and a process for the selection of board officers.
4. Planning and Policy – create long range strategic plan and monitor the plan and review objectives.
- Assist the administration in the formulation of policy to guide academic, student, business, development and faith community affairs.
5. Building and Grounds – facility maintenance, capital improvements, security, space utilization and emergency management plans for the school.
6. Finance – monitor the current year budget (actual versus projected)
- monitor long range financial plans for the school
- oversee, from a policy and planning perspective, business operations of the school
7. Fundraising - assist the development director with annual fund, alumni events, annual and planned giving and capital campaigns, identify and solicit major donors.
8. Marketing & Communications
-Help plan, create, implement and monitor a program to market HFCS for image and enrollment, including public relations materials.
- Develop and implement a communications plan to promote image and enrollment
- Assist with brochures, news letters, annual reports, website
9. Enrollment – plan, design, prepare and propose a comprehensive enrollment management plan. Assist with recruitment, admissions and retention events.
10. Technology – will assist with technology issues and replacement schedule.
Please consider self- nominating or nominating someone you know that has the experience to lead one of the committees. We have up to 4 positions that can be filled by parishioners that do not currently have kids attending the school. If you know someone who could support our school, please consider nominating them. Please fill out the form below INCLUDING the committee on which you would like to serve. All forms may be submitted to the school office.
Kendra Scott Party - April 12th
You will not want to miss Spirit Night at Kendra Scott! Come to the University Village location on April 12th between 5:00 and 7:00. This is a great way to stock up on birthday gifts, Mother's Day gifts --- and more. 20% of all proceeds come back to Holy Family Catholic School. You just MUST mention HFCS when making the purchase. See you there!
Spirit Games 2016
The Spirit Games are back!
Spirit Games 2016
Sunday, April 24th, 2016
Nolan Catholic High School
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Mass with Bishop Olsen at 11:00 am on the football field
Games & Activities begin at 12:00 pm
Events include Dodge Ball, Fear Factor, Amazing Race, Carnival, and much more!
T-Shirt: $15 for your t-shirt and your t-shirt is your child’s/children’s all day ticket to play, parents are free. T-shirts will be delivered to your child’s school a week or more prior to the event
Please click link below to register for Spirit Games 2016.
Facebook: Stephen Breen Memorial Foundation