Moreau Heights Elementary
Giving our students HOPE for a better tomorrow one skill at a time!
Our PBS lesson will be on the Zones of Regulation. There are multiple days of lessons that may take longer than usual. It is IMPERATIVE that everyone do the lessons and focus on this skill of being able to identify your current state or "zone." This will be language that everyone classroom can and will use to talk with students about how they are feeling and how to calm or move to another zone.
I will keep the Second Steps lesson the same this coming week and the next to allow time for focus on the Zones and some Second Steps time. I realize to fit both with the time needed will be tricky. Again, Second Steps focus will remain the same for the next 2 weeks in case you don't have time in the next week to address the lesson.
Our Second Steps lesson this week.
All grade levels have a focus on Learning.
Kindergarten- Being Assertive
1st grade - Being Assertive
2nd grade - Identifying Feelings
3rd grade - Identifying Others' Feelings
4th grade - Understanding Complex Feelings
5th grade - Taking Others' Perspectives
Character Trait for September is Respect
Conscious Discipline Connection
There are "How To" suggestions and videos to show what it looks like.
Look also at the "Free Resources" link to see what you might want to print off or review for FREE!
Have a colleague who you would like to see recognized for making a positive difference? Here is the link to complete a nomination.
PBIS Intervention Ideas
Duties for the Week
Gym - Steinman and Watson
Cafe - Mantle and Ries
Collect students from the gym at 7:45
Calendar of Events
Monday, September 24
*5th grade Outdoor Ed Day
*Principal PLC (1-3)
*PBS team mtg 3:45 - 4:45
Tuesday, September 25
*JEPD to work on CFA2 for grades 3 and 1
*School Culture mtg 3:45 - 4:45
*JCPS Foundation Gala
Wednesday, September 26
*Specials Collaboration 7:45 - 8:15
*Early Dismissal - students dismissed at 1:15
*Staff PD/Staff mtg from 1:45 - 4:45
Thursday, September 27
Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29
*PTO Pumpkin and Mums Sale
Monday, October 1
*Data Cycle Coach working with teams during plan time
Tuesday, October 2
*Custodian Appreciation Day
*JEPD for grades k/5
*PLC training for PLC team
*Tier 2 team mtg 3:45
*5th grade football at Williams Field 6:15
Wednesday, October 3
*Data Coach at School
*Pizza Orders due
*New Crew 3:45
Thursday, October 4
*5th grade softball at Evening Optimist Field 5:30
School Culture Survey - Grades 3-5
This is the link to a revised communication log for your team collaboration. The expectation is that your team will complete each week.
iReady Licenses have been assigned
Remember, we make sure that our students with licenses have a minimum of 45 minutes of active work in their area of need each week.
- we check student progress each week to track progress
- if students are struggling, we provide additional instruction in small group to support
- we track if domains are turned off due to repeated failure to pass, so we can respond with instruction and can turn the domain back on
1. You need to read this information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION!
- The noted from the meeting
- The expectations for adults for the hallway, lunchroom, and playground
2. You have 3 articles placed in your mailbox. You need to read these articles PRIOR to our PD on Wednesday afternoon.
3. You are to be implementing the expectations in this information.
4. When EVERY ADULT does his/her part to follow the expectations for creating a predictable, safe and supportive learning environment, we will have the school setting that ALL deserve!
We will take time on Wednesday, during early dismissal PD, to talk about classroom expectations and procedures. Be Prepared!