April 4, 2016
College Day Success!
MS Earth Day Competition - 6-8
Per Ms. J's email on March 25...
"Homerooms will begin to collect plastic bottle caps in attempt to limit the amount of plastic waste put on Earth each day. Students who want to participate in the art portion can create and submit art work they would like the art classes to "bottle cap." The mural will be presented on Earth Day -April 22nd!
All homeroom teachers have been given a tub in which to collect the bottle caps. Student Council will keep track and collect periodically. Encourage students to collect over spring break, especially colored bottle caps. The homeroom with the most collected bottle caps will be given an ICE CREAM PARTY!
Let me know if you have any questions! "
This Week's Data-Talks/Post-Conferences
Lunch with Principal - April 8
Office Staff Location Schedule
Coming Up This Week...
- Happy Birthday Mrs. Fennema!!!
- Pope, Huynh Out - PTO
- Ms. Clark Field Trip - 826LA
- 8:45 - Barbret Data Talk
- 8:45 - Gonzalez Post-Conference
- 9:45 - Le Post-Conference
- 11:00 - Bennett Data Talk
- 12:45 - ILT Meeting
- 1:45 - YPI Check-In
- 2:30 - Rosenberg Data Talk
- Pope, Buczek, Huynh, Gracie Out - PTO
- Pope, Buczek, Huynh Out - PTO
- Early Dismissal
- Grade-Level PLCs (K-2 may stay at K-2 Campus)
- 4th Grade Fundraiser
- Pope, Huynh, Gracie Out - PTO
- Buczek Out - Director's Meeting
- Staff Competition Begins!
- 8:30 - Amaya Data Talk
- 2:00 - S.L. IEP (Speech - Fennema, Clark)
- Pope, Huyhn, Gracie, White Out - PTO
- Staff Competition Continues!
- 8:30 - Alvin Ailey Center Field Trip (6C, 7A)
- 11:15 - TK-2 Lunch with Principal
- 12:15 - 3-5 Lunch with Principal
- 1:30 - Batshoun Data Talk
- 2:30 - Dodd Data Talk
- 3:00 - 1st Grade Fundraiser
Buczek's Tentative Schedule
Student of the Month
Tolerance refers to an attitude of openness and respect for the differences that exist among people. Tolerance means respecting and learning from others, valuing differences, bridging cultural gaps, rejecting unfair stereotypes, discovering common ground, and creating new bonds. Tolerance, in many ways, is the opposite of prejudice.
Here is a link to the google doc:
Instructional Focus - Cognitive Level of Student Learning Experiences (3.2B)
1) Are learning experiences differentiated to meet the needs of all learners?
2) Have you addressed the necessary accommodations needed to meet the needs of students with special needs ? (Are we in compliance for those specifically with IEPs?)
3) Do these experiences align to the objective/standard?
We are still looking for extra help on the yard (major shout-out to those of you who have already volunteered!) A few reminders for when you're on watch:
- Be super VISIBLE (walk around, stay standing, avoid being hidden by students coming to speak to you)
- Be super VIGILANT (really look around, walk over to groups of students that are huddled in the far corners of the yard, walk past the bathrooms several times, and please no cell phone use during supervision).
4/20 - MS Out - Restorative Discipline PD
4/20 - ICEF Cadre
4/22 - 7th Grade Field Trip
4/22-4/24 - ICEF Production "Beauty and the Beast"
4/25 - 4/29 - MS SBAC Testing
4/27 - TK-2 Student of Month Assembly
4/29 - Fun Friday/Student of Month
4/30 - LAUSD Math Field Day
5/2-5/6 - ES SBAC Testing AND Teacher Appreciation Week
Links to Important Forms
Remember to make a copy and share with the observee AND admin.
This one is super important for helping us keeping track of which students have detention on which days. Please submit every time you assign detention.
May be completed online or by paper (see the pink referral forms in your hardcopy VIP binders) but please be sure to submit either one when a student is referred to the office.
To request help from our Tech Guru Mr. Satoshi Kobayashi
To request help from our Maintenance Guru Mr. Bernard!
To request the convening of a Student Success Team to support a student with sustained difficulties in the area of behavior, academics, attendance, and/or physical/mental health despite documented targeted interventions such as tutoring, parent contact, etc.