Through the Implementation of Goals & Scales Workshop
Hosted by ESC-20
Marzano Center's Essentials of Rigor Series 2015-2016
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional coaches
- Curriculum and Instructional Directors
Participants will understand...
- the difference between declarative and procedural knowledge and how they relate to TEKS-based planning;
- cognitive processes required to master TEKS SE and STAAR;
- how to develop learning targets;
- how to create a progression of learning using a performance scale; and
- how track student progress on learning targets.
Participants will be able to...
- unpack essential and supplemental standards to identify essential knowledge and skills;
- use a taxonomy or cognitive tool (Marzano/Bloom/Webb) to identify levels of cognition required by standards;
- distinguish between a learning goal and an activity or assignment;
- use TEKS to create rigorous learning goals;
- create a scale that describes levels of student performance; and
- plan the implementation of their goals for their classrooms.
Transforming Instruction Through the Implementation of Goals & Scales
Monday, Nov. 9th, 8:30am
San Antonio, TX
RSVPs are enabled for this event.