News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - September 23, 2022
This edition includes:
This edition includes:
- Important upcoming dates
- From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman - School Security Drills
- Warwick Bear Project
- Warwick PTO highlights
- This week's Power Paw winners!
- Warwick Four Themes in our Community!
- Link for September Library newsletter from Mrs. Kehan
- 1:1 technology fee information
- Annual student information update - due October 15th
- Smore Translation Information
- Lunch account information - how to add money to your child(ren)'s account
- Free and Reduced Lunch information and video link
- Community Flyers: AYS Survey Community Wellness Night flyer
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hello, Warwick Bears!
The Central Bucks School District is committed to providing the safest possible environment for its students and staff. In order to maintain a safe learning environment, we constantly work with state and local police to learn and implement best practices in school safety and security. Central Bucks has utilized a set of federally endorsed protocols for an intruder on campus situation, known as ALICE. The acronym stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, and Evacuate.
Central Bucks teachers, staff, and administrators have been trained in school safety protocols. Over the next few weeks we will providing age-appropriate trainings to all elementary students. Most importantly teachers and staff will remind students about active listening and direction following during all drill/emergency situations.
Each month we conduct fire drills and throughout the year we practice other emergency drills. All drills begin with an announcement to the students and staff to ensure that they know that the situation is a drill and not an emergency. During all drills, staff will discuss safety practices with students, such as active listening to adults during drills and decision making.
On Tuesday, October 25th we will be conducting a school security drill where all staff and students will practice ALICE protocols to lockdown the building. During this drill, students in 4-6 will discuss/practice barricading when appropriate. Students in grades K-3 will be discussing protocols and the importance of listening to an adult during an emergency. Local law information have been notified of our drill and may be on site.
Please contact me if you have any questions about our security drills and procedures.
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Warwick Bear Project
Thank you for your help in creating our welcoming school culture!
- Thursday, September 29th: PTO General Meeting - 7PM - Warwick Library
Spirit Wear Sale: Please click to order spirit wear!
- Wednesday, September 28th: Warwick Spirit Night at Rita's with Warwick staff celebrity scoopers! Information and schedule below!
- Friday, October 14th: Warwick night at Froelich's Farm - information below!
Congratulations to this Week's Power Paw Winners!
For students entering grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 if you have not done so already, please visit MyPaymentsPlus to pay the 2022-23 device fee.
Students in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade do not have to pay a device fee. Students will have 1:1 iPads to use at school during the instructional day.
· Read more about the district’s one to one effort at www.cbsd.org/1to1.
Did you know that our newsletter can be translated on the recipients' end?
Here are the steps to translate the newsletter!
1. Open newsletter and locate small circle at the bottom right of the screen. Click the icon.
2. Click "Translate" in upper left of the new window that opens.
3. Choose your language
4. Translated newsletter appears.
-Set up recurring payments
-Create low balance alerts
-Track and review what your student is purchasing
Interested in learning more about the Free and Reduced Lunch application, click here to apply.