Week of August 31st
"Most great learning happens in groups. Collaboration is the stuff of growth." -Sir Ken Robinson
I'd like to spend a special shout-out to our newest team members... You made it through your first week at Austin! Seeing you with our kids just reinforces that we made a great decision in inviting you to join our family.
Check out a few of my favorite Tweets from this week!
Red & Black Ed Foundation Shirts
Professional Learning Communities Next Steps...
Brandon and I will be working this coming week to provide you with some guided "next steps" for your team. As we indicated during our first week back, our focus for the next several weeks will be on building a Collaborative Team Culture. Please be on the look-out for information to guide your team when you meet on the afternoon of Sept 9th.
"Our school's culture is demonstrated by what we SAY and what we DO."
- Super Teacher nominations are open! Let's take some time to recognize the excellence of our peers.
- Language/Literacy Updates
- BOY Assessment Dates/Info
If you are still needing to sign up your class, please use the button below.
Brandon and I will continue to support/assist the kids on our announcements. Our goal is to grow this to be as professional and engaging as possible!
Life Principle - Patriotism
Quote - "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." -John F. Kennedy
Healthy Tip - You should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day, including vigorous activities that make you "huff" and "puff."
Week At A Glance
- After School - Student Committee and Parent/Community Committee meets.
- 6:00-7:00 Kinder-2nd Curriculum Night
- 3:30 - Faculty Meeting - Behavior RtI Training w/ Jeff Minn
- 6:00-7:00 3rd-5th Curriculum Night
- 7:00-8:00 5th Grade Pine Cove Meeting
- Red & Black T-shirt orders due
- First "Family Friday" lunch
- Sept 7 - Labor Day!
- Sept 8 - Window opens for BOY Educator Goal-Setting Conferences
- Sept 8 - Stop, Collaborate, & Listen (4th/5th) @ 3:30
- Sept 8 - CISD Ed Foundation Grant Writing Workshop @ 4:00 in the Library
- Sept 9 - 4th/5th iPad Rollout
- Sept 9 - PLC Afternoon
- Sept 11 - Grade Level "Top 10 Interests" due to Liz