*Review vocabulary from weeks 19-20
* introduce new vocabulary
* Flute solo
* Practice Orchestra Song
* Listen to Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier Prelude and Fugue in C Major
* Please refer to Foundations Guide p. 186
* Below is a link to a YouTube of the Bach piece in case you do not want to bring CD player to class.
Week 21: Define, discuss minerals. Demonstrate four tests (streak, luster, transparency, hardness) used to identify minerals. I am prepared to demonstrate the tests, but please feel free to do the demonstration if you would like.
Week 22: Review discussion from week 21. Students will complete mineral identification tests and attempt to identify a mineral. Students will work in pairs.
Week 23: Focus will be on the three types of rocks. Students will have an opportunity to observe all three types and discuss ways to identify types of rocks. We will review the rock cycle.
* Please be thinking about what your class will present at the EOY celebration (1-2 pieces of memory work to show off what your students have learned).
* For the week 24 Compass Walk, I am making a small gift for each student and I want to include items that will remind them about all the things we have learned this year. So far my ideas include: a globe bouncy ball or stress ball, a coin with the 10 Commandments, seed packet, sea shell, a polished rock, a blank timeline booklet. Let me know if you think of anything else I could add.