Forest Heights 2014
News You Can Use for the week of March 31st
This week in the FHES news...
- Mrs Wallace off campus all week
- Monday 3/31 - GRADES: Grades Due at 4pm today!
- Monday begins Strategic mClass Progress Monitoring week (YELLOW)
- Monday - 3/31 - Pre-K Registration Starts
- Monday - 3/31 - 3-5 ELA Test Prep Planning - teachers register through the workshop registration system (REQUIRED).
- April 1 8:30am – 12:00pm Dental Clinic -
- April 2 1: 30 Sno-Kone Rewards for Fall Fundraiser winners
- April 3 Full day of school. Snow make up day.
- April 3 Report Cards Out
- April 3 Parent Teacher Conferences 3pm-7pm
- April 4 3rd Grade Field Trip
- April 7 Kindergarten Registrations Starts
- April 7 12 noon AR Party begins
- April 7 Intensive mClass Progress Monitoring week (RED)
- April 8 Cardinal of the Month Luncheon
- April 9 (K-2) Alyson Newton assignment modifications. Bring your iPad 3 -3:45 pm
- April 11 5th grade Band Concert
- April 11 3rd grade to Ashbrook
- April 16 (3-5) Alyson Newton assignment modifications. Bring your iPad 3 -3:45 pm
Stephanie Watt's Birthday April 4th
Robyn Jackson's Video: Overcoming Barriers to Student Motivation
- Please view the video below sometime this week. It is about 30 minutes in length so make sure you have time to concentrate
- The first 8 1/2 minutes are rather slow, but great details are shared from there forward.
- I look forward to your feedback
Click the link below to view
Staff Lunch ---Whoo Who!!!
Please make sure you take advantage of the special lunches that will be prepared just for you. If we don't eat them we will not get to keep the special choices...
April- 8 -2014: Chicken Tender Salad,come with 4 oz. salad dressing/ roll/tea or milk or orange juice/side veg or fruit.
April-14-2014: 4 ps. Chicken Wings (hot sauce on side)come with bake potato/tea or milk or orange juice/side veg or fruit.
April-28-2014: Beef Veg Soup,come with grilled cheese sandwich/tea or milk or orange juice/side veg or fruit
Let's Talk About Dinner Thursday
In the past the school has had the autonomy to purchase meals and treats for the staff, but recent policy changes have limited our ability to do so. Please help us to brainstorm ideas to raise money separate and apart from school funds to continue to support or wonderful, hard working staff.
Ron L. Ensley mini-grants
Apply now for Ron L. Ensley mini-grants program
Teachers are encouraged to submit an application for the Ron L. Ensley mini-grants program sponsored by the Gaston County Education Foundation. Click below for the application. The deadline is Wednesday, April 16. If you have questions, contact Jennie Stultz, Education Foundation director, (704) 616-8613.
Reeds Diamond MOM Heart Pendant Contest
REEDS Jewelers will once again partner with local educators like you to promote writing skills as we host our 11th annual Mother’s Day Essay Contest in May 2014. The essay topic is simple and timely…“Why I Love My Mom.”
The contest is open to 4th and 5th grade students. One student will be selected from each school as a Grand Prize winner, based on grammar and penmanship to receive a Pink Sapphire and Diamond MOM Heart Pendant for his/her mother!