FPHS Counseling Newsletter
A Message from the Forest Park HS Counseling Department
Some Photos from College Spirit Week - October 16th, 2017
Mark your Calendar for these Upcoming Events
- Annual Parent Summit - January 6, 2018 @ C.D. Hylton High School
- Sophomore Class Conferences - week of January 22nd, 2018
- Annual Curriculum Fair - January 17, 2018 - 6:30 -7:30 pm - FPHS Auditorium (snow make-up date: 1/24/2018)
- End of 2nd Marking Period - January 26, 2018
- Sophomore Parent Workshop - January 29, 2018 - 7:45 am
- SOL Retakes - January 2018
2018 Scheduling Process
- January 16th - January 26th - Teacher input course recommendations
- January 17th - Curriculum Fair with AP Night and Elective Fair
- January 30th - February 5th - Students/Parents/Guardians review teacher recommendations through Parent Portal online system to review/submit course selections for 2018-2019 school year
- February 13th - Students begin visits to the School Counseling office to meet with their respective counselor to review/discuss course selections/schedule for the 2018-2019 school year
- May 2018 - Student course request mailed home. Students/Parents/Guardians have until the last day of school year to review/submit any changes to the student course request for 2018-2019 school year
Keep in mind that the course selection process is a lengthy process which requires students, parents, and school staff to work collaboratively throughout the entire process. In May of this school year, students/parents will receive a course listing through the mail which will list the courses which the student intends to take during the 2018-2019 school year. It will be imperative that families review the information and submit any changes to the School Counseling office by/before June 8, 2018.
Please feel free to contact your son/daughter's school counselor if your have any questions regarding this process.
Curriculum Fair Night
Wednesday, Jan. 17th 2018 at 6:30pm
15721 Forest Park Drive
In the Event of Weather Cancellation, makeup date: January 24, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Sophomore Parent Information Workshop
Sophomore Parent Information Workshop
January 29, 7:45 - 8:30 am; Enclosed Cafeteria
The School Counseling Department will be covering information relevant to the Class of 2020 to include SY 18-19 scheduling. Any questions, please contact: Mrs. Young firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from College Tour to James Madison University, University of VA, and University of Mary Washington
Forest Park High School Career Fair
Freshman Conferences - Class of 2021
Junior Conferences - Class of 2019
Sophomore Conferences - Class of 2020
Governor's School at Innovation Park
Tenth grade students had the opportunity to attend a field trip to Governor's School at GMU in November. Applications for Governor school are now available on the county's website and are due February 1st.
Important Information regarding the PSAT
Free Money $$$ to pay for College/Scholarships
Any questions about scholarships, please stop by and see our Career Counselor - Ms. Juba.
An Important Reminder to All Seniors
This also applies to any Scholarship Acceptance Letters that you receive from Colleges/Universities or community organizations. Make a copy and on the copy, please indicate whether you will be "Accepting" or "Not Accepting" the Scholarship.
Continue to bring your College Acceptance letters and Scholarship Award letters as you receive them in the mail and throughout the school year until the deadline of May 10th.
This information will be used in preparation for the End of Year, Senior Recognition Program.
If you would have any questions or concerns, please see Ms. Flores in School Counseling.
FOLLOW THE FPHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT ON TWITTER ! - @FPHSCOUNSELING
Forest Park High School Counseling Department
A-CAP ... Ms. Linder - linderAR@pwcs.edu
CAR-FA ... Ms. Smith - email@example.com
FE-HAR ... Ms. Flores - firstname.lastname@example.org
HAS-LI... Mrs. Young - youngRA@pwcs.edu
LO-PAR... Ms. Phalan - phalanAM@pwcs.edu
PAS-SL ... Ms. Neace - neaceEJ@pwcs.edu
SM-Z .... Mr. Supon - email@example.com
College/Career Counselor (even days) - Ms. Juba - firstname.lastname@example.org