Liberty Academy Newsletter
March 16, 2016
ANNOUNCING MCC-MAPLE WOODS FAFSA COMPLETION DATES!
A+, Grants, Scholarships, Work Study, Loans. They can all mean the difference between an affordable, get ahead education and a dead end job. Get the money you need to help pay for school by attending a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Completion Date at MCC-Maple Woods:
Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:00a.m. until 4:00p.m. Financial Aid Office ADMN 114
Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:00a.m. until 7:00p.m. Financial Aid Office ADMN 114
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:00a.m. until 7:00p.m. Financial Aid Office ADMN 114
Thursday, March 31, 2016 10:00a.m. until 7:00p.m. Financial Aid Office ADMN 114
No appointment is necessary and the help is FREE!
In order to be able to assist you with completing your FAFSA, you must bring the following items with you:
* Social Security Number and Date of Birth for student (and parents or spouse, if applicable)
* Student Driver’s License Number (optional)
* Student’s Alien Registration Number (if they are not a U.S. citizen)
* Month and year that you (the student) or your parents were married, separated, divorced or widowed
* 2015 (or 2014) Federal Income Tax Returns and W-2 Forms for the student (and spouse, if you are married) and for your parents if you are a dependent student. NOTE: If you have not yet filed a 2015 tax return, you can submit your FAFSA using estimated tax information from your 2014 federal income tax return and indicate that you “will file” on the FAFSA. However, once you actually do file your 2015 return, you are required to correct your information on the FAFSA and indicate that you have “already filed”.
* Records of child support paid or received and information regarding any other untaxed income
* Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
Remember, no appointment is necessary (everyone will be seen on a first come, first served basis)!
For more information, call 816.604.1000.
Don’t miss your chance to get FREE assistance with completing your FAFSA!
April 1: MCC scholarship and Missouri State Aid Deadlines
May1: MCC’s Summer financial aid priority deadline
May 30: MCC’s Fall financial aid priority deadline
June 30: A+ Transcript Submission deadline
Students leaving for the day...
ACT Bootcamp for Juniors
It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens
Do you sometimes feel baffled by the digital lives of today’s teens? Liberty High School invites parents, staff, and community members to join us in a reading and online discussion of It’s Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens by researcher and professor Danah Boyd. The book can be read online HERE or purchased at your preferred book retailer. The discussion will take place online using a closed Facebook group. Join the Facebook group by clicking HERE. Feel free to post questions and thoughts to the Facebook group at anytime and join us for a 1-hour book discussion on Facebook on Thursday, April 7th from 7 - 8 pm. It is recommended that you read the book prior to April 7th to get the most out of the online conversation! Within this learning community, the online discussion is a place where you can share your own experiences, ask questions, share helpful resources, and learn new perspectives.
Summer School enrollment is OPEN!
We're Open! At 8am!
If you are a Liberty Academy student, you can enter the building AFTER 8am via the sun room door. Please remain in the sun room until the 8:15am bell to go upstairs! When you leave for the day please exit through the sun room.