May 17th - 7 Period Day (See Schedule Below)
May 18th - Algebra EOC/STAAR
(Asynchronous for 10th & 11th)
May 19th - Biology EOC/STAAR
(Asynchronous for 10th & 11th)
May 20th - US History EOC/STAAR
(Asynchronous for 9th & 10th)
May 21st - 7 Period Day (See Schedule Below)
May 26th - 28th - Final Exams
May 28th - Last Day of School
EOC (STAAR) TESTING REMINDERS
-Bring school issued device AND charger
-Doors open at 8:15 for breakfast
-Be on campus no later than 8:30
-VIRTUAL students report to the gym
-Snacks and water are allowed
-Cafeteria will serve grab and go lunch
-Following testing at 3PM students will attend ADVISORY
-For students that have transportation at 3PM, ADVISORY will be asynchronous
7 Period Schedule for 5/17 & 5/21
2020-21 YEARBOOKS ARE HERE!!!
All student Chromebooks, Chromebook chargers and library books
must be returned no later than the last day of school - Friday, May 28th.
For virtual students, items can be turned into the front office, in person learners
must bring their returns to the library. Drive by drop-offs will be held on June 1st and 2nd
from 9AM – 11AM and 4PM – 6PM. If you opt in for the drive by please make sure that the Chromebook is turned on and the screen can be easily viewed.
Registration for Summer School is now open for both Credit Recovery and Get Ahead courses. Summer school Credit Recovery for core coursework is free, but Get Ahead courses such as: health, speech, PE, and Art require a fee.
Click on the link below to for more details and to register your student.
For questions about your child’s grades, please contact their teacher. Counselors are available to assist with lost credits required for graduation and help with summer school registration.
Exam Exemption Info for Spring 2021
Johnson High School Family,
We hope this message finds you all doing well and that you are ready to help push your student(s) to FINISH STRONG these next couple of weeks! I would like to encourage any students that are labeled virtual and are ready to come back on campus to please do so these last five weeks! There will be no need in changing the commitment form to IPL!
Students can exempt all semester exams for all classes provided they meet:
- Attendance requirement: In person learners must not be absent more than three times (for any reason) between the periods of April 26 and start of final exams on May 24! Virtual learners must not be marked absent more than three times during the same period and attend ALL Zoom/virtual meetings (Virtual learners who do not attend during the scheduled class time are considered absent).
- Grade requirement: Students must have an average of 70 or higher for the 2nd semester
- Discipline: No ISS, no Impact assignments for spring semester
- Debt free: Must not owe any fees for lost textbooks, ID’s, etc.
Exemptions are class to class, meaning you could qualify to be exempt in some classes and not in others. If your student is coded as “in-Person” he/she must attend in-person, they cannot log in remotely and get attendance credit for exemptions. They must physically be present. Effective Tuesday, April 27th, everyone qualifies for semester exemptions if ALL above criteria are met. Please note that we have the following two EOC exams this week. It is important to remember that if you are in the group that is not testing on campus, that you remember to log into schoology and submit the daily attendance feature.
ATHLETICS ~ SUMMER STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
Summer Strength and Conditioning Camp is live! We will host 2 sessions at JHS.
Session 1: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - For incoming 9-12th football players.
Session 2: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. - All 9-12th grade males and females NOT planning on playing football.
Leo Club will be collecting hygiene
products to give to the Hays Clothes Closet.
Items to bring: toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and feminine hygiene products.
These supplies will be provided to students
within Hays CISD. Please be generous.
Collection boxes will be located on the stage in the
cafeteria and in the front hallway.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
REGISTRATION for '21-22 School Year!
JHS STUDENT COUNCIL UPDATE
Student Council is making Snack Packs for Caritas of Austin, an organization that works with our homeless community. These snack packs will be passed out to the less fortunate. Our Amazon wish list is linked below.
JAGS IN ACTION
Leo Club Induction Ceremony
End of year 2021
We are almost there, Johnson Family! The end of the most unique school year is just around the corner, and we rocked it. I wanted to send out this email as a reminder to all parents and guardians to keep a few things in mind over the summer.
- New Orders every year- If your child requires ANY medication while on campus they will need a new set of orders from the MD, signed by parent/ guardian, and handed into the nurse. This would include Tylenol, Advil, antibiotics any medication that is to come on to campus, the clinic needs an order. Blank short and long term order forms are available for download on the school web site under ADMINISTRATION-NURSE-MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL-MED AUTH FORMS.
- Immunizations- Families will be notified over the summer if they have any delinquencies. You may email proof of vaccination or Reason of Conscience to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Reason of Conscience will have to be dropped off in person to the school. They may be dropped at the front office in an envelope addressed to the nurse.
- Physical Forms/ Rank One forms- Are to be handed into the trainers: Phillip Jones and or Amber Jones. Phillip.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Registering for the next year- Please when registering your student for the next year, please complete the questions regarding transportation, treatment and or medication, whether it is yes or no. If you don’t answer the question it will automatically default to no and I would not be able to care for your student.
- Students who have medications at school- The last day for medication pick up will be the last day of school. Any medication left on campus after the end of school will be destroyed and disposed of, according to the district policy. If there is a complication picking up your students medications please reach out to the clinic and we will make specific arrangements. Also, I will be putting together a packet of blank order forms, permission forms for students that are currently taking medication at school so that during summer MD visits you will have the forms with you for convenience.
As always I am here to ensure the health and safety of your children, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. Have a safe and healthy summer.
Dawn Baker RN, BSN
JHS School nurse
512 268 8512 ext 44367
Pam Jordan LVN
JHS School nurse
512 268 8512 ext 44370
JHS Athletic Booster Meeting
CTE Course 2021-2022 Information
Ag mech, cosmetology, barbering, culinary arts, firefighter, and automotive technology course content focuses on hands-on, lab-based instruction which is more successfully mastered in an in-person learning environment. Therefore, these courses will only be offered in an in-person learning environment for the 2021-22 school year.
Below is a link to the CTE courses that will require in-person instruction:
No outside food or deliveries are permitted on campus this year until further notice. This includes Uber Eats, Door Dash ect. Students are not allowed to have food delivered to the campus during school hours as this creates safety issues and interferes with Covid-19 protocols.
Navigate Your Future
JHS Club & Organization Catalog
Did you know Johnson High School offers more than 30 extracurricular clubs and organizations for you to be a part of? Check out the club catalog to learn more about what’s available during the spring semester, with information on how to join or learn more about each club. Explore new opportunities and make new friends by joining a group this semester!
JHS 2020-21 SCHEDULE
TEAMS Parent Self Serve (PSS) is a secure online portal that allows parents and guardians to view information about their children’s academics, edit contact information, and set up notifications about their children’s progress. Click HERE for help with your Parent Self-Serve Account.
Student Parking Permit
TO PURCHASE A PARKING PERMIT YOU MUST HAVE:
1. A fully completed form
2. Your current Driver's License
3. Your current insurance card
4. Sept-June, cost is $25.00
CASH OR PAY ONLINE AT JHS WEBSTORE (no checks accepted). Replacement Permits are $10.
5. Parent Permission Signature required if under 18 years old
6. If you have not purchased a parking permit, parked on campus and vehicle is booted it is $25 removal fee.
7. Your parking permit should be adhered to the inside of the front windshield on the driver's side.
CLICK HERE to complete parking permit application
Visitors on Campus
Visitors will not be permitted on campus to limit any potential outside exposure to our students and staff.