Blue Oak Elementary Happenings
We need your help!
Blue Oak Updates
- 🍳 PTA Breakfast for Staff - The PTA is providing an end of 2nd trimester breakfast for our awesome Blue Oak staff on Friday February 17th. If you are willing and able to help with donations for this staff appreciation, please sign up using this link.
- 🎓 Attendance Goals for the New Year - Regular school attendance is important for student success. The instruction and class discussions that occur cannot be duplicated when students are absent. To help encourage better regular attendance we are having a schoolwide competition in the new year. See this flyer for more information.
- 🍲 PTA Seafood Boil - There are currently only a few seats left for this exciting, adults only event. Purchase your tickets NOW if you would like to attend - the deadline is TODAY. More information including how to purchase tickets can be found here.
- 👩🏻⚕️ Health and Wellness - Our District nurses have composed a February update for you on everyone's favorite topic...LICE! Please see this PDF with more information.
- 🍴 Buckeye Food Services - February update from Food Services can be viewed here.
- 🎂 Birthday Marquee - Interested in celebrating your child's birthday with marquee recognition? Ask the office for the paperwork and $20 donation.
Save the Date!
- 2/11 - PTA Seafood Boil (adults only event) 6:00-10:00
- 2/15 - Buckeye Board Meeting
- 2/17 - End of 2nd Trimester
- 2/17 - PTA End of Month Treat $1 in front of Library after school
- 2/20-2/24 - NO SCHOOL: Presidents' Week
- 3/2 & 3/3 - Minimum days for conferences
- 3/13 - NO SCHOOL: Staff development day
- 4/3-4/7 - NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
Attendance Questions Answered
1. What is considered an Excused Absence?
By law [EC § 48205], excused absences are: illness [(fever 100° or more, persistent runny nose (not allergy related), vomiting, diarrhea, medical/dental appointments (doctor’s note required for verification)], death in the family, specific religious reasons, required appearance in court, and exclusion from school for contagious disease.
2. What can I do if my child needs to be out of school for a length of time?
If your child must go out of town for three (3) or more days, you may request that your child is signed up for an Independent Study Contract. Please note that teachers need at least one week’s notice in order to prepare materials without interrupting their instructional time.
3. I called in to verify my child's absence; why am I still getting truancy letters?
Unless the absence was for an excused reason (those stated in point #1), the absence is considered unexcused and truancy letters will be sent in accordance with Education Code of the State of California [EC § 48260-48273]. Ed Code states that any pupil who is absent from school for 3 days or more without a valid excuse (reasons specified in point #1), or tardy in excess of 30 minutes or more, is considered truant.
Attendance/registration - Charlene Bartholome
Secretary - Lindy Murray
Staff email addresses are first initial of first name followed by last name with address @buckeyeusd.org
For example: John Smith - email@example.com