Teaching the Way of Jesus Christ.
April 6, 2021
A Message from the Principal
April 6, 2021
Dear Holy Family Catholic School Community,
Happy Easter! Christ is Risen! Alleluia! Easter brings with it a sense of faith, new life, joy and hope for the future. We are blessed to celebrate and share the season of Easter together as a community.
Leading up to Easter, HFCS had a Lenten journey marked with artistic and spiritual activities led by Sr. Immaculata. I hope that you are enjoying the crucifixes that your child made and brought home before Holy Week – what a great addition to your family altar!
Our middle school students were extremely reverent in their powerful portrayal of the Stations of the Cross on Holy Thursday, all those who were present were deeply moved.
Carline can sometimes be slow and can also try our patience, but it is important to follow carline protocol to help keep our children safe. It is especially important during after school pick-up. Please review this with anyone on your pick-up list. Here are a few reminders about carline safety:
- · Please do not try and pass the car/s ahead of you in carline, even if your child is already safely in your car.
- · If you are at the head of the line and need extra time to buckle up your child, please pull forward to the area in front of the church to finish buckling up.
- · There are no walk-ups during after school pick-up, please use the carline to pick up your child.
Dr. David Welsh’s presentation scheduled for April 14 has been postponed, we are now looking at a possible back-to school event for parents next August.
April 5 - SNOVID Make-up Day - School as usual
April 6 - SNOVID Make-up Day - School as usual
April 7 - Silly Socks Day
April 7 - Home and School Association Meeting via Zoom
April 9 - Start of Middle School Fun Days
April 12-16 - 5th Grade Lemon Aid Fundraiser
April 16 - Noon Dismissal
April 30 - Kona Ice to Campus
May 14 - 14th Annual Dads' Club Golf Classic
May all your birthday wishes and dreams come true!
14th Annual Dads' Club Golf Classic
Get Your FOREsome Registered!
Want to get involved with our tournament or just help the school with a fun event? Golfing, sponsoring, and volunteering is open to all so please spread the word. Here are some ways to participate and help out:
- Play in the tournament (better yet, put together a foursome) and spread the word to anyone who may be interested in golfing
- Buy a sponsorship or sell a sponsorship to your employers, friends, or local businesses
- Donate an item or ask a local business to make a donation (items are used as prizes or are raffled at the event)
- Volunteer on the day of the event – we can use all the help we can get to make the tournament run smoothly and nothing beats earning service hours at the golf course on a spring day
- Volunteer to be on the tournament planning committee
To register, go to the event website: www.holyfamilygolf.org. To volunteer or if you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jack Price at 817-875-2307. We hope to see you on May 14 at Squaw Creek!
Some Items to consider for donations...
- Golf related items such as rounds of golf, clubs, balls, gift cards, Top Golf gift certifcate etc.
- Sports related items such as tickets to sporting events, gear, etc.
- Cigar shop donations such as product or gift cards
- Stock your bar
With your donation, please complete the Donation Form.
Visit the Fifth Grade Lemon Aid Stand
Fifth Grade Goes Fundraising!
All participants must have successfully bid during the night of the POG virtual auction or complete the online form at https://payit.nelnet.net/form/UhhzsSKh.
The last day to submit your bid is Friday, April 16, 2021.
Thank you, Sister Immaculata!