Raureka School Term 3 Week 10
Newsletter 28 September 2022
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
This the last week of term and it has been a busy one once again. We have had The Tohea Trophy, Barefoot 7's, Cross Country, Pacifica Festival, Te Wiki o te Māori week, Duffy Books presentation and of course the preparation for our production which is on today.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us with all of these events.
On Friday we will have our usual Mufti Day with children bringing a gold coin donation. School will finish on Friday at the usual time. School will reopen on Monday 17th October for the start of Term 4.
Term 4 will be a busy term as well.
The Junior Enduro Run will be on Tuesday 18th October - races will start at 9.30am (Week 1 of next term).
Our Year 6 children will go on Camp in Week 2, we will have Murray Gadd come and visit us again to help support of written language programme, have the Ki-o-rahi tournament in Week 3, Athletics sports, a Teacher Only Day on Monday 21st November, Year 6 Social, End of year Assembly and school finishing for 2022 on 16th December at 12:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT - If your child is away from school -
Reminder that you need to PHONE OR TEXT the school know if your child is going to be away. Because of the current covid situation, it is essential that you let us know the reason they are away - eg coughing, headache, tummy bug etc.
You can phone 06 8789766 or text 027 557 0085 and leave a message.
Thank you for this, it is so helpful and we want to ensure your child is okay.
Have a great week
Production-Dress Rehearsal shots
Values Certificate Winners
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Respect/Whakaute, - which means: believe in yourself, value the feelings and rights of others and show regard for the environment.
The expected behaviour during this week is: treat others respectfully in the team.
The following children received awards at our last assembly:
R1 Zylis Mahia, R2 Kathrine Gibson, R3 Haydez Ngahuka-Dunn, R4 Lochlan McKenzie,
R5 Harlen Jensen, R7 Kane Davies, R8 Dayton Tokotini, R12 Rihari Peri, R13 Leah Searl,
R14 Nathan Kingon, R15 Livana Bryers-Sutcliffe, R19 Ashley Craft, R20 Max Rumble,
R21 Madison Taylor-Brown.
Tui's v Mahora drew 2-2 Players of the Day- the whole team
Kereru v Taikura lost 3-4 Player of the Day Kayess
Kowhai v Frimley won 3-0 Players of the Day Charlie and Ben.
Regional Cross Country
Te Mahia ran in the Year 4's and came 5th, Haygen ran in the Year 5's and came 7th and Tayah-Leigh ran in the year 5's and came 8th.
This was a fantastic achievement as children came from as far away as Gisborne right through to Central Hawkes Bay.
We're so proud of you all.
Work has started on the Pool
Everything is going smoothly at the time being although the water table level is causing a little angst.
The workers need to empty the pool and take out any pipes that they need to do and then get all of the final measurements before they can order the liner.
- Wednesday 28 September - Production - at Toi Toi
- Friday 30 September Mufti Day, End of Term 3
- Monday 17 October Start of Term 4
- Tuesday 18 October- Junior Enduro Run from 9:30- parents welcome
- Friday 21 October Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 October Labour Day - no school for students
- Monday 21 November Teacher Only Day - no school for students
- Monday 12 December- Yr 6 Social
- Thursday 15 December- Final Assembly
- Friday 16 December Last Day of Year
- Tuesday 7 February - beginning of Term 1 2023
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
IMPORTANT: Children are NOT to carry any form of medication in their bags etc. All medication must be held in the office. Parents must complete a Medical Form to enable staff to administer medication.
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers.
The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. Please contact Chris in the school office if your are able to help (even if you have helped in the past, please confirm).