April Resource Newsletter
Check out this month's reminders and resources!
Please check out the April Newsletter to learn more information about monthly reminders, upcoming events, and even resources!
Note: Next newsletter is scheduled for mid-August 2023
- Remember that enrollment documents need to be submitted within 90 days of registration
- Students qualified for the McKinney-Vento Act for the 2022-23 school year are eligible for Dollar General gift cards from the Unaccompanied Youth and Homeless CARES Act funds. The purpose of the Dollar General Gift card is to help you purchase physical needs in order for your student to be successful and engaged in their schooling. Items to consider include school supplies, clothing, lunch, or other items needed to be productive at school. (Alcohol and tobacco products cannot be purchased with these cards.) GCA must report expenditures to the GADOE therefore, we ask that you provide a receipt of your purchase(s). Click Link to upload a picture of your receipt(s).
- Spring break: Monday, April 3rd, 2023 - Friday, April 7th, 2023; ENJOY!!
- Georgia Milestone Testing : Thursday, April 27th, 2023 - Friday, May 5th, 2023
Your Medicaid Renewal Letter is coming. Don’t miss it!
Your Medicaid renewal letter is coming. Don’t miss it!
There is a major health care coverage change happening April 1st. Since the pandemic began, children and families enrolled in Medicaid have not been required to complete renewal paperwork to stay covered. On April 1, 2023, that continuous coverage protection will end.
Do you or your children have health insurance through Georgia's Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program? If so, be on the lookout for a renewal letter in the mail from Georgia. To ensure you receive this critical piece of mail: make sure your address, email, and phone number are up to date with Georgia. https://medicaid.georgia.gov/how-apply
This renewal letter will tell you one of three things:
1. Georgia is renewing your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
2. Georgia is ending your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
3. Georgia needs more information to determine if you or your family member still qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. If so, a renewal form will be included.
Remember: Update your mailing address. We don’t want you to miss this important piece of mail.
Georgia’s Medicaid Office link: https://medicaid.georgia.gov/how-apply
To update your contact information or get questions answered about your Medicaid/CHIP coverage, visit https://medicaid.georgia.gov/how-apply or call Primary: (404) 657-5468 Toll-Free: (877) 423-4746.
No longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP and need help enrolling in the Marketplace? You can find free, unbiased help at: https://medicaid.georgia.gov/how-apply
Contact information for community-based organizations in states with a federally facilitated marketplace https://www.cms.gov/files/document/2022-navigator-grant-recipients.pdf
For states with a state-based marketplace, link to https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/.
To learn more, visit Medicaid.gov or HealthCare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596.
Per FSPC Newsletter: Click LINK Below to access FSPC Newsletter
Jetdoc is a Georgia-based virtual app that makes mental health care and coaching easier, faster, and more secure than ever through our speedy virtual system and our at-the-ready Georgia-licensed mental health care providers.
Jetdoc provides direct virtual access to mental health care and coaching for students experiencing homelessness. The Georgia Department of Education is providing funding as a part of CARES/ESSER/ARP-HCY for this service to displaced students in Georgia through September 2024.
If your student is in need of mental health care or coaching services, please reach out to Mia Lewis for GCA's access code so you can connect to Jetdoc right away.
April MONTHLY RESOURCES
JOB OPPURTUNITY - The Job Fair Opportunities
Atlanta Job Fair - Atlanta Career Fair
Time: Wednesday, April 5 · 11am - 2pm EDT
Location: Atlanta Virtual Job Fair Atlanta, GA
Event is free & virtual --- Click Link to reserve a spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlanta-job-fair-atlanta-career-fair-tickets-565273798147?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
Atlanta Job Fair April 20, 2023 - Atlanta Career Fairs
Time: Thursday, April 20 · 11am - 2pm EDT
Location: The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta 210 Peachtree Street Northwest Atlanta, GA 30303
Event is free- Click Link to reserve a ticket: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/atlanta-job-fair-april-20-2023-atlanta-career-fairs-tickets-492141828457?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
MEGA Atlanta Career Fair
Location: Town Center at Cobb 400 Ernest W Barrett Parkway Northwest Kennesaw, GA 30144
Click Link to reserve a spot: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mega-atlanta-career-fair-tickets-541539367827?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY- CITY OF REFUGE
Website: City of Refuge Job Training Courses - https://cityofrefugeatl.org/job-training
Neighborhood Cooperative Ministries (Dekalb)
- Website: https://www.ourncm.org/
- 770-263-0013 — INFO@OURNCM.ORG
- Food assistance
- Emergency Housing Assistance
Helping Hands Ministries of Paulding County-
- Phone: (770) 443-1230
- Website: http://hhpcga.org/home
- Currently provide assistance with food, however, call back for updates on potential financial assistance.
The Grocery Spot
- Customers can come inside the stop and shop for food
- All items are free! (Free Food)
- Address: 777 Charlotte Pl NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Website: https://thegroceryspot.org/
Frontline Housing (Clayton County)
"Home Again Rental Assistance
Must live in Incorporated City of Atlanta
Check stubs to show you are working full time
Must have children 18 or younger
Must have less than $3,000 in arrears
Must have a current lease
Required to join the Financial Achievement Club"
Offering dedicated opportunities throughout the academic year for cultural and learning experiences. ASCEND Scholars are expected to actively participate in ASCEND and remain committed to actively participate for this academic year.
Faculty, Staff and Community Members can help make this experience at KSU even better by adopting a student's move-in wishes and/or their campus rent. For more information, CLICK HERE
WHAT WE DO!
AS TSL's, WE SERVE
- Displaced Students
GCA participates in the education of displaced students by providing specific support and supplies to help with their education. A “displaced” student is any student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This could mean that a child is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing or economic hardship; is living in motels, etc. due to the lack of alternative accommodations; is living in emergency or transitional shelters; or is awaiting foster care placement. If you are currently experiencing homelessness and are in need of assistance, please contact our Transitional Student Liaisons, Ja’Net Crayton (email@example.com),
- Migrant Students
GCA participates in the Migrant Education Program (MEP). Migrant students in GCA are also provided additional support and supplies to help with their education. Additionally, please contact your Transitional Student Liaisons for more information.
GCA offers TutorMe which is a free online 24/7 online tutoring service that covers 300 plus areas. This online platform allows students to connect with a live tutor right from their home. TutorMe’s network of over 10,000 verified tutors are ready to help with any academic question, no matter how big or small. To access TutorMe, log into Clever and find the TutorMe icon under District Apps.
Click here for more information- https://www.georgiacyber.org/academics/tutoring/tutorme