Room 311 News
Our New Newsletter to keep you up to date :)
Hour of Code
Check out the resources
Speak Up Survey
Please complete the parent survey no later than December 18th.
Art with Mrs. Bosse
Week of December 14th - 18th
We had a GREAT week of learning and sharing the Hour of Code! Students are encouraged to continue coding in CS First/Scratch and also to try out other coding options on the resources page. Hour of Code
Next week is a review and assessment week. Students have completed the language arts reading portion of the district assessment and will work on the writing portion this week. They will also complete the Unit 2 math assessment for the foundations of multiplication and division. We will continue with multiplication and division as well as review addition/subtraction when we return in January. I HIGHLY encourage students to practice their mental multiplication facts over the break (clear plastic, digital flashcards, online games, etc). They will have a math fact fluency assessment in January (not timed).
Winter Olympics Party
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 9:15am to Friday, Dec. 18th, 10:45am
We are looking for volunteers. Please email Mrs. Anastasio if you are able to help on Thursday.
Note and Reminders
- Friday- Minimum Day/Early Dismissal 12:55
- Winter Break- Dec. 21st- Jan. 11th (Note: Monday 11th is a non school day due to District-wide Professional Development Day
Bored over the break? Here are some FANTASTICALLY fun things you can do!
- CODE- Can you improve your coding skills?? Work on Google CS-First Storytelling, Art, and all of the coding resources on our website!
- Create your own game! Use digital resources (Scratch, Google Slides) or paper and markers to create a game. The game can reinforce learning (math facts, vocabulary) or just be for fun!
- Practice Multiplication Math Facts! This is actually very important because you now should be memorizing your facts at this point in the year and will be assessed when we get back. You can use your clear plastic, practice with digital flashcards, or play all of the exciting online games!
- Learn something new! What have you always wanted to learn about? Research it and share about it on your blog. You can write about it, make a slides presentation, code something, or add a video. Just remember to be safe online and always check with your parents first.
- READ! Find new books, new places to read, share what you are reading on your blog! Fun Places to Challenge - or create your own reading challenge!
- WRITE! Write a story, a letter, or write about something you learned. Share your writing on your blog. Read and comment about other students' writing.
- What do you WONDER about? Check out Wonderopolis and see what's out there.
Check out our featured writer of the week! Read about winter holidays in the above link.
Class Donations Wish List
Check out our featured coding project. This was done following the steps in our CS-First Storytelling tutorials. Animating the narrator can be found in the activity 5 add on. Keep up the great work everyone!