I am excited to provide you some updates on Gunning Bedford’s plans to start bringing students back to school for face-to-face instruction. On Monday, November 9th students from our special programs (ILC & CASL) who have selected face-to-face learning will return to school for instruction. These students will be the first students back in the building since March!
On Monday, November 30th all students who selected face-to-face instruction as their preference will return to Gunning Bedford. Parents who have selected the face-to-face option will be receiving a mailer in the next two weeks with their child’s transportation information that includes the bus stop as well as pick-up and drop-off times.
In order to accommodate 5 days of instruction for both learning options (face-to-face or remote), there will be some minor changes to student schedules starting November 30. Although we have been able to keep the basic student schedule the same for both learning options, there are some changes to the start and end times of classes. In addition, there may be changes to your child’s teacher regardless of the learning option you have chosen. Your child’s new schedule will be uploaded into Home Access Center and Schoology by Wednesday, November 25th. Please make sure you and your child check Home Access Center and Schoology over the Thanksgiving break to prepare for the start of the second marking period.
In this newsletter you will find a video by me, a link that will include a sample student schedule for the November 30th Transition, a list of required and recommended items for students that are returning for face-to-face instruction, and a video Guide from Colonial on the Safe Return to School.
Mr. Daniel Bartnik
Safe Return to School Overview Video
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SAFE RETURN TO SCHOOL AT A GLANCE
Expectations for in-person learning for students in grades K-8:
- Parents must complete a COVID-19 self-screener for their child each morning +
- All students must wear a face covering at all times unless eating.
- Students must be spaced 6 feet apart in classrooms with approximately 15 to 25 students per room.
- Students will remain in the same seat/desk in one classroom throughout the day and staff will rotate into the classrooms, this includes lunchtime.
- Students will continue to use technology on a daily basis and are expected to bring devices to and from school.
- Students must follow all safety protocols regarding handwashing, use of hand sanitizer and social distancing.
- All bus riders must wear masks, sit socially distanced, and sanitize hands before boarding.
- There will be no in-person clubs or sports for K to 8 students.
- Students may not have the same teacher for in-person that they have had for virtual learning.
- If the school nurse determines that your child is sick, they must be picked up as soon as you are notified.
- Students will be required to follow all Division of Public Health (DPH) guidance on self-quarantining if necessary.
VIRTUAL LEARNING BUS ROUTES FOR MEAL DISTRIBUTION (New Schedule)
If there are any questions please click the link above to complete the form.
TECH SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES
GUNNING BEDFORD MAIN OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY-FRIDAY 7:30AM - 4:00PM (Effective Wednesday November 4, 2020)