Seawell Peek At the Week
January 1, 2023
At Seawell We Value All...We Are Committed to All...Believe in All...and Lead with the Heart!!!
Happy New Year!!!
Remember at Seawell we value all, are committed to all, believe in all, and lead with the heart!!
NEWS FROM THE PTA
Join the PTA for just $10 per person or sponsor a Seawell teacher or staff member for only $5 by clicking on the MemberHub link. As a PTA member there is no obligation to attend the PTA meetings or volunteer. We welcome other family members too, such as grandparents, to become PTA members, too!
Volunteer with the PTA! There are several vacant positions We are still looking for members of the yearbook committee and would love some volunteers! If interested in volunteering, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Seawell Family Night on the Town. Thank you to everyone who joined us for our last event at Coronato Pizza. Thanks to our friends at Coronato Pizza for their generous donation to the Seawell PTA. Our next event will be at The Loop on Wednesday, Jan. 11. The Loop Pizza and Grill in Eastgate Shopping Center (1800 East Franklin St., near Trader Joe's) will donate a portion of sales to Seawell! Spread the word to friends and neighbors: order anytime from 4:00pm till closing - eat in or take out/curbside pick up. Be sure to add your receipt to the marked box at the register.
SES COVID-19 Cases
CHCCS encourages eligible students and staff to get an updated COVID-19 booster. The updated bivalent booster is now available for people 12 and older (two months after they finish their primary series or any booster dose). It offers the most up-to-date protection against the latest Omicron variants. The booster, like all COVID-19 vaccines, is safe to get alongside your annual flu vaccine. The CDC also recommends a third dose for children 5 to 11 who have compromised immune systems. Click on these links for vaccination locations and more information on COVID-19 boosters
Families, please be sure to follow the following guidelines :
- Masks: In general, CHCCS remains a mask-recommended, but optional district. Masks continue to be provided for students and staff upon request. Exceptions to this protocol are outlined on our website as well as the below paragraph about COVID-19 positive staff/students.
- Also: Schools will no longer require masking in the entire building when there are clusters of 5+ positive cases in a small group or a cumulative total of 15+ positive cases in a school. More on this below.
- Symptomatic Staff/Students - Will be required to provide*:
- A negative PCR COVID-19 test, or
- 2 negative Antigen (Rapid) tests separated 24 hours apart in order to return to work/school, or
- An alternative diagnosis from a primary care provider.
- *This is not for individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. This is to prove that the COVID-like symptoms being experienced are not COVID-19. Individuals who choose not to test for COVID-19 or get an alternative diagnosis from their primary care provider are required to follow the COVID-19 positive staff/students guidance.
- COVID-19 positive Staff/Students - Must quarantine for 5 days and can return on day 6 as long as they are free of vomiting, diarrhea, and fever without the use of medication and all COVID-19 like symptoms are improving (they do not need to be resolved). The individual needs to continue to wear a mask at work/school while indoors for an additional 5 days after returning. Please contact your school nurse for additional information and guidance on returning to work/school.
- School reopens
- SIT Meeting 5:30pm (Virtual )
SES SIT Meeting
Thursday, January 5 · 5:30 – 6:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/jmz-ddzm-ukm
Or dial: (US) +1 803-999-5683 PIN: 812 231 048#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/jmz-ddzm-ukm?pin=4997963256798
- MLK Jr Holiday - No School for Students
- Second Quarter Ends
- Teacher Workday
- Report Cards Sent Home
Lost and Found: Lonely Jackets @ Seawell ES
This section will now periodically highlight clothing items found around our campus so that parents can alert their children to reclaim what was once lost! All clothing/items pictured can be found in the Lost and Found section of our cafeteria.
Social Emotional Learning Support/Resources
I want to take this week to share our SEL information again. Our CHCCS Cares website offers valuable resources to support social emotional learning and mental health. I would also like to remind you about resources in our building to support students and families:
- Ms. Tonya Jackson, School Guidance
- Ms. Jodeci Farrington, School Social Worker; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Minnie Goins, Principal; email@example.com
- Mr. Evan Nelson, Assistant Principal; firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re hiring! CHCCS is hiring for a wide variety of available positions including Exceptional Children (EC), dual language, math and science teachers…plus bus drivers, facilities, maintenance and IT staff. Know someone who wants to join the CHCCS team? Please help us by using your networks on LinkedIn to share our posts and spread the word! Note that Seawell is still searching for:
- Fifth Grade LEAP teacher
- Instructional Assistants
Please call Seawell at 919.967.4343 ext 33201 or email email@example.com to report absences and tardies.
Educational leave for students must be requested at least ten days in advance utilizing this form.