Thelma Jones Elementary Week of April 25th-29th
Volunteer with PTA! Help create special moments and events for your student.
Please consider signing up for a PTA board Position for the 2022-2023 year. Our PTA provides fun and engaging experiences for our students. Their fundraising efforts and dedication to our students help Thelma Jones thrive and function. Without a board, these things would not be possible. Please consider signing up to serve in a role that will help our students and school.
Thelma Jones Elementary PTA interest survey
Thelma Jones Elementary PTA's Intent to Seek a Board Position for the 2022-2023 School Year. Please submit this form by May 1, 2022. Thelma Jones Elementary is now accepting and seeking nominations for Executive Officer Positions for next school year's TJE PTA's Executive Board.
22nd-29th- Scholastic Book Fair, please volunteer below
29th- Senior Clap Out
2-6 Teacher Appreciation Week
4th- Student Council-Parent Engagement- Virtual Movie Night 5:30-7:00
6th- STAAR Pep Rally
9th-13th- STAAR NO VISITORS ON CAMPUS
17th- UNITY Field Trip
19th-Fourth Grade Field Trip
19th- Kindergarten Promotion
24th- 4th Grade Promotion
25th- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Grade Awards Ceremonies
25th- End of Year Parties
26th- End of Six Weeks/ Last day for Students
SENIOR CLAP OUT
STAAR DATES- NO VISITORS ON CAMPUS
10th- 3rd Grade Math
11th- 4th Grade Math
12th- 3rd Grade Reading
13th- 4th Grade Reading
Awards Ceremonies, Promotions, and Parties
--Kinder Promotion- May 19th at Timberview- 6:00-7:00
--Kindergarten Party-May 25th from 11:30-12:30
--1st Grade Awards and Party- May 25th from 9:30-11:00
--2nd Grade Awards and Party- May 25th from 8:30-10:00
--3rd Grade Awards and Party- May 25th from 1:30-3:00
--4th Grade Promotion- May 24th at Timberview- 6:00-7:00
--4th Grade Party on May 25th from 11:00-12:30
Book fair is this week. Sign up below to volunteer your time.
Come to Our Book Fair!
The Chairperson's Guide to Book Fairs provides information on running, decorating, publicizing and building revenue. Featured books for preschool, elementary and middle school. Time Savers section for reproducible letters, signs, clip art, video clips, and forms.
Drop Off and Pick Up Car Procedures
Parents and Guardians,
Please remember that you must go through the drop off and pick up line in the mornings and afternoons. Do not get out of line to drop your student off in the front of the building. Students must be in their seats by 8:00 a.m. to avoid being tardy. Our drop off line typically backs up around 7:55 a.m. so please consider arriving before then to avoid being late. During pick up, please have your car tag available. You will be asked to come to the office if you cannot present a car tag. Please know that all of our procedures were created with students in mind. I kindly ask that you adhere to the practices we have in place. Thank you!
Registration opens on April 4th
If it is a school-planned field trip, parents are always welcome. When attending field trips, we ask that you adhere to the guidelines and timelines presented in the field trip letter.
- Chaperones must pay by the payment deadline.
- Your payment for your student needs to be paid by the payment deadline.
- All chaperones must have an MISD background check. No exceptions, as our students' safety is our # 1 priority. I have included the link for you to do your background check. You don't have to wait until field trip time so please fill it out at your earliest convenience.
- Background checks must be done in advance. There is typically a 10-day wait for background checks.
- Parents are not allowed to show up to the field trip site and join the group. We are very particular about how we set up groups to ensure the safety of our students.
- You must have a school badge when attending field trips.
School Report Card
Take Care of Your District Issued Device
Take Care of Your District issued Device!
Please remind your son/ daughter of how to properly handle and store their district issued device, as there are many costs associated with them. (See Chromebook & Components prices below) You may also visit the Technology Department's page for Student Issued Devices.
If your child breaks their device, you may make payments (cash/check) to the campus secretary/Bookkeeper or through Payk12/Tickettracker if they are needing to purchase a replacement power cord, protective case or a replacement device.
Link for Payk12 is: https://www.ticketracker.com/store?schoolId=1545.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at email@example.com or 817-299-6040.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.