Fountain Central Jr/Sr High School
Welcome Back Mustangs!
Dear FC families,
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Fountain Central Jr/Sr High School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year! I hope you enjoyed a summer vacation filled with fun and exciting memories. Personally, I am grateful and elated to continue serving as your principal. Over the past five years, I have had the opportunity to get to know many of you and your students, and look forward to continue building a strong relationship with all of you in the upcoming school year.
Our first student day is August 7th. As you begin your back-to-school shopping, I would like to remind you of the student dress code expectations highlighted on page 27 of the FCHS 2019-20 Student Handbook. The district believes that students should dress in a way that is appropriate for the learning environment. School safety is a top priority at Fountain Central Junior/Senior High School. To ensure safety and an educational environment free from distraction, guidelines were established in regards to the school’s dress code. Please review the dress code expectations at the link above.
Our back-to-school night and 7th grade orientation will be on August 5th from 6-7:00 pm. This is a great time to meet your teachers, find your locker, get a copy of your schedule, and ask questions you might have. Schedule changes will not be made during back-to-school night. If you need a schedule change, please come by the guidance office between 8 am and 3 pm on Monday, July 29th - Tuesday, August 6th. We hope you can join us on August 5th!
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. If you have any questions about student expectations for success at FC, please feel free to contact me. The staff and I feel privileged to be a part of the FC school community. We thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you!
Yours in education,
Mrs. Ashley Hammond, Principal
FCHS NEW SCHOOL START TIME!
Lastly, with new transportation safety laws, SEFSC has had to change some of their transportation routes. Please know that these laws are to ensure the safety and security of our students traveling to and from school. Again, you will hear from your bus driver prior to August 7th.
SEFSC School Registration
Wednesday, July 24th, 8am to Monday, Aug. 5th, 3pm
This is an online event.
Meet Our New Teachers!
Important Dates to Remember:
- July 24, 2019 - Online Registration Begins
- July 29, 2019 - Main Office Open to Public for Registration 8 am - 3 pm (if needed)
- August 5, 2019 - Back-to-School Night and 7th grade orientation (6-7 pm)
- August 7, 2019 - First Student Day (Normal Delayed Wednesday Schedule)
- September 2, 2019 - No School, Labor Day
- September 18, 2019 - FCHS Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 4, 2019 - End of 1st grading period (42 days)
1. The parent or guardian should pre-arrange an absence whenever possible. If possible, the parent/guardian should call the school office (294-2206) at least one day in advance. If a phone call is not possible, the student must bring a note from the parent.
2. Absences should be reported in the following manner:
a. Parents are to call the high school office stating the student’s name, grade and the reason for being absent. This must be done each day until the student returns to school from the illness. Although a parental phone call is preferred, parental notes upon the student’s return to school will be accepted when phone access is impossible.
b. If a student is absent from school for five consecutive school days due to illness, the administrator reserves the right to request a doctor’s note in order for the student to return to school.
3. If students are to be released during the school day, parents need to notify the school office by a phone call or note regarding student release. The student must obtain a pass from the office to be dismissed from class to go to an appointment. The student must sign out (or in) at the office upon leaving (or returning) to school for an appointment.