Teen Suicide Prevention
Signs someone is contemplating suicide...
- always thinking/ talking about death
- clinical depression
- losing interest in things one used to care about
- making comments about being hopeless or worthless
- visiting/ calling people to say goodbye
- tying up loose end or changing a will
- saying things like "I want out"
- unexpected switch from sad to happy
- talking about suicide
- having a "death wish"
Below are some graphs displaying suicide statistics
If you know of someone who is thinking about suicide...
- get help
- tell an adult (parent or teacher)
- do not be accusatory
- try to talk to them about it
- recommend them to more serious help
- make sure they get the help they need