What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance = 99.77%
Mark your Calendar:
- Thursday, December 17th--Board Meeting 7:00pm
- Friday, December 18th-- Deadline to submit CUB Care Enrollment form for childcare during the winter break (see more information below).
- Tuesday, December 22nd-- Project Sweeny 9:15am in cafeteria...we would love to have you join us!
- Wednesday, December 23rd-Sunday, January 3rd-- Winter Break (Offices Closed)
- Monday, January 4th- Teacher Work Day--No School for Students
- Tuesday, January 5th-- Students return
- Math- We will be starting adding and subtracting fractions.
- Reading- Next week we will be using multiple sources to learn about erosion.
- Writing- We will be writing and creating book trailers!
Grammar- We will learn how to make our sentences more interesting by varying their length.
Words Their Way- Sort 15 (Greek and Latin Number Prefixes mono-, bi-, tri-)
Science- We will be continuing water cycle and weather.
Cub Care Information for During Winter Break
Cub Care is a full-day program offered on most days the Republic R-III School District is not in session during the school year. Activities include arts & crafts, reading, science, field trips and group games.
WINTER BREAK CUB CARE REGISTRATION FORM
Door Decorating Contest
Box Tops for Education: Help us WIN!!
All the money comes right back to our classroom for me to spend on the students. I usually buy things like books, math manipulatives, and this year I am looking into buying a program called MobyMax that the kids LOVED. The free sample is over and despite getting great data from the program we were unable to use district funds for it, so I would LOVE to collect enough box tops to continue using all the great features the kids enjoyed!
Each box top you send in is worth 10 cents for us to spend. It doesn't sound like much, but they can really add up. Ask relatives and friends if they have any extra box tops they aren't using. Most people don't mind cutting them out and saving them if you ask:)