April 24, 2015
Thank you to all grades for submitting school supply list revisions on time! I really appreciate that. We will be supplying your take home folders again for 2015-16.
Please review the Memo to stay current on building parent communication & events!
Lunch & Learn: Google Docs, Calendar & Gmail
5K Volunteers Needed!
Professional Learning Calendar
At an upcoming staff meeting, we will also update you on the procedure for preparing for class lists and for updating reading level documentation. Finally, benchmarking dates will be confirmed at the start of the week via email from Kathy.
Please consider writing a post for our blog!!
Week of April 27-May 1 (May? What?!?!)
PARCC can be picked up daily after 8 a.m. on test days!
Monday, April 27
Tuesday, April 28
- Foundations Team; 8:30 in LLC
- PARCC; ELA 1
- (World Relief Homework Club; LLC after school)
Wednesday, April 29
- PARCC; Math 1
- Kathy @ WWPTA Scholarship Event; 9-11 a.m.
- (Tutoring; LLC after school)
- (5K prep; Music Room fro 3:30-5 p.m.)
Thursday, April 30
- PARCC; Math 2
- Smile Squad Dental visit
- Lowell Spirit Day
- Cook's Night Out at Barone's
- Afternoon IEPs as scheduled
- Lowell Spring Cleaning; 3:30- 6 p.m.
- (Boy Scouts; 7-8 in Gym/MPR)
Friday, May 1
- Smile Squad Dental visit
- Tech Team; 8:30 a.m. in Office Conference Room
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
- (Girl Scouts; 6-8 in Gym/MPR)
Saturday, May 2
- Lowell 5K Dash for Dr. Murphy; 9 a.m.
Upcoming Lowell Events
Please email Kathy if something is missing from this list. Thank you!
- Second Window: April 28, 29 & 30 w/make-ups to follow
School & Grade Level Events/Trips
- Cook’s Night Out/Spirit Wear Day - Barone’s; Thursday, April 30; 4-9pm
- Lowell Spring Cleaning; Thursday, April 30
- Smile Squad at Lowell; Thursday, April 30 and Friday, May 1 (testing grades will only be pulled in afternoon)
- Lowell 5K; Saturday, May 2 @ 9 a.m.
- Mile Run at Wheaton College; May 6 (Schedule forthcoming.)
- EL Library Card Trip; Monday, May 11; Grades 1-2 (9:30-11 a.m.); Grades 3-5 (1-2:30 p.m.)
- Franklin Music Tour: Tuesday, May 12 @ 9:30 a.m.
- Chorus, Band, & Orchestra Concert: Tuesday, May 12; 6:30 p.m. call time/7 p.m. concert @ Franklin
- 2015-16 Kindergarten Visit; Wednesday, May 13th; 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- 2nd Grade to Fullersburg Woods: Friday, May 15; 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 5th Grade Wax Museum; Friday, May 15; 10:45-11:30 a.m. in MPR
- 4th Grade to Lincoln Marsh: Monday, May 18; 9:15-2p.m.
- Benchmarking; schedule TBD; Monday, May 18 & Tuesday, May 19
- Grade 1-5 EL trip to Brookfield Zoo; Wednesday, May 20
- ThinkFirst Assembly for Grades 1 & 5; Wednesday, May 20; Grade 1/9:30-10:15 a.m.; Grade 5/10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Robert Crown Health Center visits 5th grade: Friday, May 22; 1:30-3p.m.
- 2S plays: Friday, May 22 @ 2:30 p.m.
- 3rd Grade w/Bill the Poet; Tuesday, May 26; 9:30-11:20 a.m. & 1:20-2:35 p.m. in MPR
- Mrs. Rood's Kindergarten Concert; Thursday, May 28; 10:45 a.m. in Room 119
- District Service Awards; Thursday, May 28; 4-6 p.m. @ Naperville Marriott
- Half-Day Kindergarten Parent Program; Wednesday, June 3; 10:45-11:30 a.m. & 2:30-3:15 p.m.
- PACE Open House; Thursday, June 4; 6:30-7:30 p.m. in LLC
- 5th grade picnic; Tuesday, June 2; time TBD
- First Grade Picnic; Monday, June 8
- Last Day of Specials; Monday, June 8
- School-wide Celebration of Learning Assembly; Monday, June 8; 9:30 in Gym/MPR
2014-15 Shift Day Schedule
- Tuesday, May 26 is a Monday