Google Apps for Education in Use
at St. Landry Parish School District
What is GSuite?
Technology That Brings Teams Together
Google helps us provide the 4 C's for our students
- Critical Thinking
- Access your files from any device.
- Create folders to organize your files.
- Color code your folders.
- Share files and/or folders with teammates.
- All SLPSD students have a Google Drive account.
Can change the calendar view
Can share your calendar with other people.
Can invite others to an event.
Can attach docs to invitation, such as a meeting agenda.
When adding an event, you can add appointment slots!!!
Can embed your calendar into a blog or website.
- The first time you log into Classroom, you must choose teacher. If you chose student in the past, contact your IT department to change.
- Can be used on the computer and mobile device.
- You can have more than 1 teacher responsible for a classroom.
- You can create a class as well as join someone's class.
- You can schedule posts in advance.
- Student documents are saved into your Google Drive in a Classroom folder.
- Use "?" send Google feedback or tell them of things you would like to see Classroom have.
Greatness of Google Classroom
- Create leveled Google Classrooms.
- Students can move up levels as they gain skills.
Flip Your Classroom
- Create videos or ScreenCasts.
- Most sites allow you to add to your Google Drive, then add to Google Classroom.
- reflective writing
- journal writing
- math problem of the day
- padlet question/response
https://goo.gl/iNBTJo (training hangout)
- Limit 25 people
- Mute yourself if you aren't speaking
- Ability to share your screen with others in hangout.
- iPad and iPhone app available
Ways to Use Hangouts
- Virtual Book Club
- "Mystery" Hangout
- Parents can be the "audience" for class presentations.
- Guest Speakers