AC Library Media Center
A Note from My Laptop to Yours
It is with great pleasure that I am joining an already fantastic library program. With a rich collection, beautiful decor, and extremely talented and competent staff , I hope to bring my passion for excellent literature, quality resources and hands-on learning. My experiences working in elementary and high school libraries as well as my Master's degree in Education with an emphasis in Library Media will provide knowledge to help in building the program. I look forward to working with your students and supporting them in becoming life-long learners and readers.
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help student’s enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including author visits, a book fair, and reading contests.
- I will be supporting Middle School classrooms by providing "mini" lessons on preventing plagiarism and giving book talks to further encourage the "love" of reading.
- Our library is not only for students but also for all community members. Please stop by at any time to set up an account and check out our wonderful resources.
Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
Jennifer Gibson-Millis a.k.a. Mrs. G-M
HOT New Books in the Lower School Library
Exciting New Titles on the Upper School Library Shelves
WHEN: November 11th till November 15th 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
WHERE: Library Media Center
WHO: Students, Staff and Families
WHY: Provide opportunity for community to purchase books to support the Library Media Center.