Fifth Grade PEAK
November 10, 2014
- Students should be caught up on everything.
- We have no Edmodo Assignments this week.
Personal Growth and Development
- We discussed if we are intrinsically or extrinsically motivated. Students wrote a paragraph reflection.
- We discussed if we are extroverts or introverts. Students wrote a paragraph reflection.
- What object am I? Students looked a series of objects: blackberry, spinning top, magnifying glass, and teddy bear. Each object had a list of character qualities. Students had to decide which object sounded most like them. We will build on this activity next week.
- Topic Study: Students are doing an amazing job taking notes and planning projects. I love the focus! Students are branching out and selecting different avenues to share knowledge. I am encouraging students to find new presentation methods and not just rely on platforms that are comfortable.
- Science: This was a "catch- up" science day! We cleaned up past experiment write ups and planned our "own experiment #3". We also played a Kahoot game to test our scientific vocabulary.
- Students participated in an on-line quiz game that tested students' knowledge on the scientific method. The students have learned a lot about science this year!!!!
- We have organized our Google Drives
- Practiced sharing and saving documents
- Bookmarked important websites
- Actively working in Google Classroom
- Set up an account for our note taking research
- Online Graphic Organizer tool to organize headings and subheadings
- Set up a PEAK Powtoons account -- many have completed a vocabulary presentation in topic study via Powtoons.
Classroom Book Source:
- Students learned how to check out books electronically from my classroom library.
- There is a link on my student resource page for students to "Tweet" about the day. We will post 5 tweets a week on my classroom board - some even make it to real twitter.
- Please follow me on twitter - you never know when a tweet will post about your child's PEAK day!
Create a Graph:
- Applied our knowledge on how to make graphs online
- Online note taking application used during Topic Study