A Message on School Attendance
Mornings can be hectic. Here some are tips.
Here are some strategies to help get your middle school student to school.
- Take care of school business at night, not in the morning
- Complete homework at night
- Sign important papers and organize backpacks at night
- Pack lunches at night
- Make a space by the door for backpacks, jackets, shoes so they are ready to go
- Plan outfits the night before
- Set a regular bedtime. (Most children need 8-10 hours of sleep)
- Create a bedtime routine that encourages gradual relaxation and sleep
- Set an alarm as part of the bedtime routine
- Create a step by step morning routine