Holmquist's News and Notes
January 18 - January 22
Literacy Make and Take Session- We will focus on Vocabulary, Reading Response, and Word Study Stations.
Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 3:45pm
Who: Language Arts Teachers
When: January 25, 2016 3:40-5:40
Please register using the link.
- Ms. Kucharski using E-Colors with her students and theywere excited to discuss their colors
- Ms. Pitrucha engaging her students through C-E-R and a hands on experiment
- Mr. Endsley and Mr. Bryant are working hard with our Kingsmen group of boys.
- Ms. Stewart small group rotations and small group instruction were in full effect yesterday and her students were working
- Ms. Solis and Ms. Dennis helping put during dismissal
- Ms. Phillips is always consistent with her small group instruction and her students enjoy working with her.
- The Dual Language parent night event was a huge turnout. Our students presented well and students enjoyed showing off there work! Way to go Ms. Cavazos
- DL teachers for preparing for the showcase night and preparing their students.
- Brian, Aimee, Adrea, Rasolyn, Debbie, Linda, Marilyn, Denise and supporting DL teachers for setting up and serving
- Kelli and Belinda for their presence
- Aimee for coordinating organized STAT, teachers for being
- Paras for covering classes whenever they are needed
- Thank you Ms. Upshaw for bringing Paraprofessional of the Year to Holmquist! What a great way to show our paraprofessionals we appreciate the work they do!
- Ms. Middletown students did an excellent job on their project and displayed their work in the library.
- Ms. Moran for organizing the Children's Museum event and tracking our parent surveys
- Ms. Cavazos for helping Amy out during her last days here by picking up items for her.
LPAC members for knowing our LEP students and reporting on them.
Mr. Tobon, ms. Karouni, ms Esparza, ms. Sanchez, ms spellicy, ms cortinas, ms. Rios (SIOP cohort) for observing one another, receiving more SIOP training, being coached, and coaching one another. Ms siddiqui for coordinating observations.
Ms. Alexander, ms. Polk, ms. Nguyen for attending The Writing Academy and bringing back information to guide your teams. - All from Cavazos
On Time Club - you may wear jeans Tues. Jan 19th - Please pick up Jeans Pass from Ms. Toney
- Recess- review common area lesson plans- structured recess is a must. Warm up activity- can be led by teacher or students, structured play led by teacher, cool down...activities jumping jacks, stretching, jog in place, races, duck, duck goose
- No balls should be brought from home unless the teacher is physically involved in the activity due to safety reasons
- Restroom Expectations
- No Restroom use after 2:45, unless it is an emergency. Start talking to your students and monitor logs. Voting will happen in regards to approving lesson plans
- Lunch Duty- lunch duty is to monitor your students during this time. Do not sit or stay stationery to eat your lunch or leave the cafeteria to warm your food. Those things are to be done during your breakm
- Arrive to your duty on time whether arrival or dismissal. Both areas require team work. Are you doing your part. Staff should not be sitting or standing in the same area and ongoing talking between staff member while kids are talking or present.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Petrosky Cohort - Kimberly
FAME Meeting - 3:40 p.m.
Biometric Screening Deadline- Please sign up before this date
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
LA Consultant - Sam Bennett
Thursday, January 21, 2016
90th Day of School
Dress in 90s Attire
LA Consultant - Sam Bennett
Happy Birthday Ms. Woolridge
Friday, January 22, 2016
Speech/ICS Grade Check 8:00 a.m.
Progress Reports Due - 7:30
Saturday, January 23
Math Lead Teacher Meeting - 8-4