How big is Henrico County in square miles?
Urban, Rural, or Suburban?
Types of careers?
Department of Utilities
- The Department of Public Utilities provides water, wastewater systems, and solid waste services to over 90,000 customers. Some of our facilities and activities: Public Utilities (DPU) provides drinking water to and collects wastewater from residential, commercial, and industrial customers, sanitary landfill (a.k.a., the dump) which takes in over 100,000 tons of solid waste each year, refuse collection service, recycling, curbside and drop-off
- The Divisions of Public Utilities are as follows: Business, Construction, Design, Operations, Solid Waste, Water Reclamation Facility, and Water Treatment Facility
- Their mission is to provide the professional planning leadership to accomplish excellent management of the valued resources which create our coveted quality of life
- The Henrico Planning Department is primarily responsible for land use regulations in the County
- Planning staff can assist you with questions about new and existing development, from rezoning requests to variances
Department of Finance
- The mission of the Department of Finance is to promote excellence, quality and efficiency by enhancing the ability of our employees to serve our internal and external customers in an outstanding manner
- They strive to promote a considerate, positive and informed workforce
What do I think are 3 of the most important services in Henrico?
- they protect families
- they provide protection for abused and neglected children
- they emphasize disease prevention, emergency preparedness, and environmental protection
- they care about the citizens of henrico
- they care about mental citizens
- they are willing to help them and take care of them
FUN FACTS ABOUT HENRICO!!
How old is Henrico?
Henrico county was founded in 1634, so Henrico county is 380 years old.
Where does the name Henrico come from?
Well, Henrico has its origins in the Germanic language and it is used in Spanish. Henrico Is a derivative of the English Henry.
What is Henrico famous for or what are some attractions?
Well, there is Deep Run Park. There are ponds at Deep Run Park and you can fish there. There are also several playgrounds and field for soccer, football, or other sports. There are also pavilions where you can sit and have a nice lunch.