iOS + Mobile Web Developer
Work on beautiful products with a cool, dynamic team
We're looking for an awesome iOS and mobile web developer to join our team in Tel Aviv!
Passionate about building beautiful, elegant products?
Do you love to create beautiful things? Do you like it when something works right, not just on the outside, but also on the inside? Do you like that feeling when millions of users depend on and love what you've created, and use it every day?
At Smore, we're passionate about creating the best possible products. We care about all the little details that make a product great. That also extends to our engineering and company culture.
Are you a web developer or a DevOps engineer? Check out our other job listings.
We work out of Rothschild Blvd, Tel Aviv, where all the cool startups are :)
Smorinio the happy S'more (although sometimes he's sad, like when there's an error)
We strive to make beautiful, compelling products all the time.
What you'll be doing
Make Smore's mobile and web experiences awesome
Our web product is booming and you'll work with us to make it even better. You'll also build our core mobile experience, in the form of a smooth iPad app.
Develop and help launch Smore’s new iOS app using iOS8 and Swift.
- Work on Smore’s backend API, while keeping performance and design in mind (Python, MongoDB, Node.js).
- Help perfect Smore’s mobile web experience, to bring Smore to millions of new users and visitors.
- Work in quick iterations and get things shipped.
- At Smore, everyone has product input and is expected to care about the product's quality. Our mission is to delight our customers.
- Write high quality backend and frontend code in a high performance environment complete with code reviews, tests and all the other goodies.
- We're a small team, so you'll have a say in our product discussions, engineering processes and company culture.
- Experience building iOS applications.
- Experience working on complex web apps including server and client side code, especially using Python/Ruby/Node.js.
- Attention to detail and a passion to create the best stuff.
- Desire to learn new things and improve your craft.
- Experience working with Swift and iOS8.
- Experience working on/with RESTful APIs.
- Experience working on hybrid apps that include native code and HTML5/JS parts.
- Experience working on high performance applications.
- An eye for good design, typography and products.
- The perfect candidate should care about creating a pixel-perfect, smooth and delightful experience.
What we love:
A passion for open source and side projects (we’d love to see your work)
Avid gamer and/or movie buff
- Nintendo or Blizzard fan-boy
- Your resume (PDFs work best).
- Links to: your blog, your GitHub profile, your StackExchange profile, any projects you've worked on and any open source contributions you've made.
- Why you want to work for Smore.
- Anything else that we should know or that you think might help us get to know you better :)
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
We only hire the best talent. Work with top-quality engineers, designers and more.
Make a difference
Small team means your input is important.
We work 10:30am-7:00pm Mon-Thu & 10:30am-3:00pm Fri.
Code review, tests and thorough design are our bread and butter.
We love trying crazy things
Work on company-wide weekend projects and contribute to open source.
Successful, dynamic company
Smore is a high revenue company that is here to stay.
We love trying crazy things
Smore is a platform for empowering small (mostly offline) businesses to start promoting themselves online. On Smore they design marketing messages called "online flyers". Just like you would spread a flyer offline, you can use Smore to promote through your mailing list, on social networks, on Craigslist, etc. You can then see your promotions' impact through a central dashboard.
Our goal is to make "promoting stuff online" super easy and effective. We believe in empowering businesses to write their own content and promote it through channels that make sense to them, while helping them build good marketing habits.
Smore now has over 750,000 users, 1.5M flyers, and around $70k/month in revenue.