For the Week of: Feb. 1 - Feb. 5
Tired of "chomp"utation flashcards? Does your child love technology? Great news! Now, your child can practice his/her "chomp"utation level on the computer. Click the button to go to our newly developed practice website, designed by a SC parent!
Important Reminders to Add to your Calendars!
- February 2 - PTO Meeting in the Media Center @ 7 p.m.
- February 5 - Scholastic Book Order due!
- February 5 - Gator Gear Day
- February 5 - Cookies and Canvas Event from 7-9 p.m. More info to come!
- February 12 - Friendship Party (3:10-3:40 p.m.)
- February 21 - Spirit Day @ Gymnastics Company from 1-2:30 p.m.
- February 24 - Clowes Hall Field Trip
When I'm 100...
- Ideas - including many details, staying on topic the whole time, and writing to the correct topic
- Organization - using time order words to help give our writing flow from the beginning to the end (First, Then, Finally)
- Conventions - correct usage of grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spacing
Check out the examples below!
- Miss Swanson
Clowes Hall Field Trip
Wednesday, Feb. 24th, 10am-12pm
4602 Sunset Avenue
What: Elephant & Piggie's We are in a Play!
When: Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. - noon
Where: Clowes Memorial Hall
Cost: $10 cash or check made out to South Creek Elementary. Please put your child's permission slip and money in a sealed envelope labeled with his or her name!
What to Bring: Students will need to bring a sack lunch from home to eat in our classrooms when we return from the trip.
Description of the Play: "Elephant Gerald is an elephant: lumbering, formally attired, prone to melancholy. Piggie is (what else!) a piggie: perky, smiley, and full of fun. Total opposites? No way! In Mo Willems’s beloved, award-winning, best-selling children’s books, Elephant Gerald and Piggie are best friends! And in We Are in a Play! Elephant Gerald and Piggie sing and dance their way through plenty of pachydermal peril and swiney suspense–facing fundamental questions like, what do you wear to a fancy pool costume party? Should you share your ice cream? And how can two friends play with one toy? So get ready for a musical experience ripped from the pages of your favorite books."