The Fight Against Bullying
What is bullying?
The types of bullying
Physical bullying involves harming the individual or their possessions some examples are:
- Breaking someones things
- Making mean or rude hand gestures
Verbal bullying involves saying or writing mean things, this includes:
- Name calling
- Inappropriate comments
- Threatening to cause harm
Social bullying involves hurting someones reputation and relationships, this includes:
- Leaving someone out of a group on purpose
- Spreading rumors about someone
- Embarrassing someone in public
What to do to stop bullying
- Try to avoid the bully, this can mean going a different route around school so you don't encounter.
- When someone bullies you, try to show a minimal reaction. Bullies gain satisfaction when you react badly to their abuse,
- Stay together in a group. Bullies will target lone wolves and will rarely attempt to bully someone if they're in a group.
- Report bullying to an authority figure. This includes parents, guidance counselors. or someone who can deal with the bully and protect your safety.
- Never try to get revenge. It will please them even more. Try the silent treatment.