Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: January 13 - COOKIE RALLY!!! We will be doing a variety of activities to get the girls ready for selling cookies.
- Parents MUST attend this meeting - we will have a training session just for you to review the policies and procedures and to answer any questions you might have. Also, you will be able to fill out all of the required forms so your scout can actually sell cookies. If you can NOT attend this meeting, please contact Lori ASAP to schedule an alternative time for you to take care of this parent training.
This week we made necklaces out of glitter and mod podge! The girls had a blast and we were all covered in glitter!! They have some great creative minds and made some beautiful jewelry!
We also listened to a story about Dr. Martin Luther King and how he fought for equality for all people. After the story, the girls were asked some questions about what they learned and received a handout about Dr. King's dream, and how it relates to the Girl Scout Law. There are many similarities to both: respecting others, being honest and fair, considerate and caring, and making the world a better place. It was a great lesson to hear about how we can live the Girl Scout Law every day.
The girls also got to help decide on an activity for next week to help the whole troop set selling goals. We love having the girls be active in planning and doing various activities. They have so many creative ideas, and we want to help them build some leadership skills.
In the next few months we will finish up these badges. We are also planning a Journey in an Overnight on February 12th. This will be at my house from about 6pm on Friday to 4-ish on Saturday. 2 moms and I will be planning activities to help the girls earn almost the entire journey at once! I think the only thing after that day will be a service project that they will plan. I truly hope your daughter will be able to join us - it just won't be as good without everyone there. If you want to come as well (and haven't already told me so), we would love your company, too! I will send out a more detailed schedule and list of what to bring (sleeping bag, toothbrush types of of things) in the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to give me a call at 801-831-4840.
Thanks for all you do!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email email@example.com), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!