Trees, Trees, TREES!!
Pk 4.4 - Ms. Geneva & Ms. Rebekka
- Trees are very big BIG plants!
- Trees have leaves and trunk
- Trees have seeds and flowers
- Animals live in trees: squirrels, ants, owls, spiders, butterflies make cocoons on trees, monkeys, etc
- What can we make or get from trees? paper, beds, chairs, tables, cubbies, pencils, tree houses, logs for the chimney, and oxygen to breathe!
We went on a tree, leaves, sticks, and seed hunt around school where we found a diversity of tree stuff! Children were really excited about this new study unit, they want to explore more and more!
With this unit we want them to appreciate nature and learn how to take care of it.. WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE!
As we study trees we will use literacy, math, the arts, and technology to explore the topic in depth. We will learn important social studies and scientific concepts through firsthand investigations.
If you are able to take a "Tree Walk" with your child, we would appreciate your help in collecting tree parts to investigate. If you can, please take a bag to a tree area and collect things that have fallen, such as leaves, bark, acorns, twigs, sticks, flowers, fruits, or cones. Thank you!!
Lots of love,
Books of the Week
Mystery Readers of the week
This week we had the amazing visit of 6 parents who came to read to us! it was an amazing week.
Mrs. Lina (Ana Maria's mom)
Mrs. Natalia (Diego's mom)
Mr. Stefan (Maria Clara's dad)
Mr. Wesley and Mrs. Fernanda (Francisco's Parents)
** somehow Mrs. Natalia's picture was not able to upload.. maybe she should join us again for another book and picture!**
- MARCH 21st: Family fun Fair, We would love to have you there and share a fun day with our kids. Contact Lizzy or Sarah Tatum firstname.lastname@example.org
- At Home: if you can go on a tree walk, and if you find leaves, etc please send them in with your child (it can help enrich our discovery center)
- Recycled Materials: Please send clean used items from home like:
- Water bottles
- Paper (wrapping paper, scrap paper, crepe paper, wallpaper, tissue paper, etc.).
- Egg cartons
- Milk containers
- Detergent bottles
- Ribbons and fabric
- Paper bags
- Paper plates
- Tissue box
- Drinking cups
- Bottle caps
- Or anything else you can think of :)
- SISTER SCHOOL: Pre-Kinder 4 will be collecting 2pencil erasers, 2 sharpeners, 1 dozen pencils for the sister school, Gabriel Lewis Galindo in Las Trancas.