Week of April 6th
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Thank you Kinder for planning such a great Rise & Shine!
- Brandon and I will be completing observations in the next couple of weeks.
- April 24th is the deadline to complete your Summative Reflection (via "Appraise" in Eduphoria).
- Summative Conferences will take place by May 8th. Brandon and I will schedule times with you soon.
Learner / Educator
Math Professional Learning
This is your opportunity to have a voice in your own professional learning!
Summer Work @ Austin
- Tuesday, June 9th will be the last day we have access to the building. Crews will begin working the next day! That means all preparations will have to be made by the 9th.
- Any room that currently has carpet will be redone. This includes storage closets, the office, the Library, etc.
- There will be a system to "tag" our furniture and have it removed to auction (student desks, chairs, etc) or have it stored (shelves, instructional materials, etc).
- ANY items touching the floor will have to be moved (for carpeting). Crews will help with teacher desks and large items. All other items will have to be put on counters, in cubbies, etc.
- Because we will be converting 2 of the upstairs storage rooms to learning areas, we will have to do some MAJOR purging. I will work with team leaders to determine how we will consolidate storage areas.
- After the building is recarpeted, they will begin moving in our new furniture.
Louis has offered to come speak to the staff about specifics at an upcoming meeting. We'll get more information then. I wanted to go ahead and let you know, though, so you could begin thinking about what to keep and what to toss!
Life Principle - Integrity
Quote - "In matters of style, swim with the current. In matter of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson
Healthy Tip - It's a good idea to stretch and warm up your muscles before you participate in a sports event.
Week At A Glance...
- Enjoy your day!
- 1:45 - CMSE Counselors Meet w/ 5th
- AM - 4th/5th Grade iPad Rollout! (Library)
- 3:30 - Faculty Meeting w/ Dr. Waldrip & Kelly Penny
- 4:00 Science Content Specialists Meeting (C201)
- Mustang Mutual
- E-Time / Clusters
- Cooper Off-Campus (Job Fair)
- Happy Birthday Kathleen!
- National Library Week!
- 4/13 - PTO Meeting
- 4/13 - POs Due
- 4/16 - 2nd Poetry Cafe
- 4/16 - Kinder Field Trip
- 4/18 - Staff Geocaching Adventure!