New Add-ins to Enhance Outlook
May 8, 2015
Barracuda Outlook Add-ins
Classifying E-mail Messages as Spam or Not-Spam
Using the Microsoft Outlook Add-in
After downloading and installing the add-in, you can begin classifying messages using the green checkmark and the red X buttons in your MS Outlook ribbon. The green button marks messages as not spam and the red button marks messages as spam.
The MS Outlook add-in is configured to automatically:
- Whitelist email addresses associated with sent messages and new contacts
- Move spam-declared messages to the Deleted Items folder in your mail client
- Whitelist the 'From:' email address within 'Not-Spam'-declared messages.
Barracuda Message Archiver
The Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in allows you to perform various functions with messages that are stored on your organization's Barracuda Message Archiver, including:
- Search for archived messages and other Outlook data, such as Contacts;
- View and interact with (forward, reply to, etc.) all of your archived Outlook items;
- Access stubbed attachments;
- Archive messages.
These functions are available directly from within Microsoft Outlook, allowing transparent access to your messages and attachments, all with no browser interaction required. All that is needed is a network connection to your organization’s mail server and to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
The first time you use the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in, you are prompted to enter your login credentials:
- The URL is https://archiver.gccisd.local
- Your complete email address, for example, email@example.com
- Your domain (LDAP) password, your email password
Once you enter these details and click OK, Microsoft Outlook automatically remembers your login credentials, and there is no need to enter this information again unless you change your password. If you forget your password or are unable to access the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in, contact your system administrator.
Setting Up your Archiver Store
1. Click 'Add'
To search for an item in regular or archived mail, enter the search criteria, click the 'Current Folder' drop down and select 'All Outlook Item's. This searches all folders.
Using the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-In
The Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in tool includes an option to immediately archive a selected item(s) to the Barracuda Message Archiver. Additionally, if the Automatically stub attachments when archiving option is turned, and you click the Archive Attachments icon:
- A copy of the complete selected item(s) is stored on the Barracuda Message Archiver; and
- On your mail server, any message attachments that are in the body of an original message(s) are replaced with references to the archived attachment on the Barracuda Message Archiver.
This process is known as “attachment stubbing”, and helps to reduce the size of both your personal inbox and mail server storage.
How To Archive a Message
- Select the desired item(s) in Outlook, and click the Archive Attachments icon; a progress window displays while the item(s) are archived.
- Once the item(s) is successfully archived, any message attachments display as hyperlinks in the Outlook message preview. Click on a hyperlink to view the attachment.
- Double-click the archived message to open it in the message view; attachments display with icons as they normally would in Outlook.
- When you click the attachment hyperlink or double-click the archived message, the attachment is retrieved form the Barracuda Message Archiver, allowing you to view or save it in the same manner as an attachment in any other message.
Note: Using this feature immediately sends the message for archiving; however, if the Barracuda Message Archiver is currently in the midst of archiving other messages, it may be a matter of minutes or even hours before the archived attachments are available. Once archived, the message appears in the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in search results.
Note: Forwarding an archived message automatically includes any attachments in that message as part of the forwarded message. However, a reply to such a message does not automatically include attachments, and the original archived message remains stubbed.
To search archived items, click the 'Search Archive' icon to open the Barracuda
Message Archiver Search dialog box:
Use the 'Look for' drop-down menu to select the type of item you wish to search for;
select Any type of Item, Appointments, Contacts, Messages, Notes, or Tasks.
Use the In drop-down list to select the search location. Select All data to search
everywhere, or select Specific folders to specify one or more folders in which to search.
Select the desired folders in the Select Folders pop-up, and click OK to perform the
Additional Search Criteria
Click the Advanced tab in the Barracuda Message Archiver Search dialog box to specify additional search criteria based on attachments and tags.
Note: Any search criteria specified in the Advanced tab is used in conjunction with the criteria specified in the selected search item type search tab. Keywords in the Advanced tab must be alpha-numeric characters, and are not case sensitive.
All messages that match the specified criteria are returned in the search window. Double-click an item to open it in Outlook, or right-click to select an action to perform on the selected item.