Please click on the above link to see highlights from this past week. We are working to create a positive learning environment that is equitable, inclusive and focused on the whole child. No need to have a twitter account to view!
Brooks News to Know
Forgotten Items (chromebooks, chargers, shoes, lunches, etc) dropped off at School for your Student AND Lost Items
To minimize disruption to your student's and all students' classroom learning spaces, we are going to place the forgotten items in the main office that you drop off for your student. Your student will need to pick-up the forgotten items during a passing period, on their way to PE or to lunch/social time. We will be making student announcements over the next few weeks about this practice, to ensure your student understands it will be their responsibility to stop in the main office to retrieve the forgotten item(s) during a passing period, on their way to PE or lunch/social time. The office will write an excused tardy pass for the student, if they pick up the item during a passing period and they will not make it to class on time. We are working to minimize the number of times a classroom is disrupted by the office calling into the learning spaces.
If your student misplaces an item (for example chromebook, jacket, etc), please let your student know they should check the following locations:
- Each of their classrooms and speak directly to the teacher about the lost item(s)
- Main office (Chromebooks and phones get turned into the main office by the end of each school day)
- Lost and Found in the Cafeteria/Commons
- Lost and Found in the PE Locker Rooms
Encourage your student to check the main office for the lost items during a passing period, on their way to PE, during lunch/social time or before/after school.
Thank you, in advance, for sharing this with your student and helping us minimize the frequency of calling into classroom learning spaces, which inevitably interrupts the flow of learning.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly via email or phone.
Dr. Kelley's Community Cafe - December 9th
Brooks Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the PTO
If you missed the first Brooks Diversity and Inclusion Committee conference call or meeting, but still want to be involved in leading and shaping this new initiative, the next meeting is on Tuesday December 12, 2017 from 7:15 to 8:15pm in the Brooks Library/Media Center. Pizza and drinks will be available. You may reach out to the committee chair Renee Dixon and RSVP via email at email@example.com. Your voice is important, encouraged, welcomed, and essential for Brooks success.
Officer Kevin Collins, SRO - Promoted to Sergeant
Gender Revolution Discussion
Family Education Advocacy
Family Education and Advocacy series available for family members and professionals. Please share this flyer with your contacts!
To register please visit our website: https://namimetsub.org/family-programs/family-advocacy
If you are interested in ordering a yearbook, please place your online order here.
Recognizing Staff who Make a Difference
Thank you to those who have completed this form to recognize a GBMS staff member. All individuals receive a printed certificate highlighting your appreciation for their contributions!
Please be sure your background check has been completed if you'd like to volunteer to chaperone Field Trips
click above to see open spreadsheet that has a tab for all SPORTS and tab for of all CLUBS offered at Brooks with sponsor email, dates, times and location details.
CLUB OPPORTUNITIES (can join anytime)
Each club meets weekly, unless otherwise notated below.
- ORFF Ensemble from 8:00am to 8:50am in D104 (first meeting was on 9/18). Participation is open to all students - no audition required, but enrollment is limited to 40 students. Interested students can sign-up and pick up permission slips outside of the music room (D104). For additional information contact Mr. Carrillo - firstname.lastname@example.org. Still opportunity to join.
- Ultimate Frisbee We will only meet on Mondays for the second trimester. Still 3:30-4:40 and meeting in the third floor gym. We plan on playing different types of frisbee activities in the third floor gym or the main gym when available. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Dajani at email@example.com or Mr. Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Weather Permitting)
- Math Team from 3:30-4:30 in room B204 . The club will meet each week. Students of all interest levels are welcome. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Kahn at email@example.com.
- Spoken Word from 3:30pm to 5:30 pm in room B205. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EcoEagles from 3:30pm to 4:30pm in room C302. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Stamp at email@example.com.
- Chess Club from 3:30 to 4:45 in room B305. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Hausfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vex Robotics In-House League from 3:30 to 5 pm in room B302, 10/03-12/19 (no meeting 10/31, 11/21); Robot Rumble on 12/12 . You can learn more by viewing flyer or OPEF VexRobotics website. or if you have any questions, please email Ms. Pena at email@example.com
- Rainbow Tribe after school until 4:30 in 2nd floor conference room next to PE classroom. Permission slip found here. Here are the dates club will meet: December: 5,19, January: 9, 23, February: 6, 20, March: 6, 13, April: 10,24 and May: 8, 22, 29
If you have any questions, please email Ms. Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Club meeting from 3:30pm to 4:45pm in room D301. NO need to sign up, just show up and make art. Running now through Mid February. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Murray at email@example.com.
- Spanish Club from 3:30 to 4:30pm in room B308. Here are all the Spanish club meeting dates for the year: 12/14, 1/11, 1/25, 2/8, 2/22, 3/8, 3/22, 4/12, 4/26, 5/10, 5/24. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Lagioia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Villalobos at email@example.com.
- Yearbook Club meeting from 3:30 to 4:30pm in room B202. The next meeting is on December 7th. Here are the meeting dates for remainder of the year: 12/7, 12/21, 1/11, 1/25, 2/8 , 2/23, 3/8, 3/22 , 4/12 If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Marsha Turner-Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Meaghan Pabellon at email@example.com
Get connected to PTO
- The link to subscribe for families is http://eepurl.com/cgOObT
Next PTO Meeting is Monday, December 4th at 7pm in the Brooks Media Center.