By: Carsyn Bachmeier
Mercury is the closest planet to the sun in our solar system being 58 million km away.
Mercury has zero moons.
Temperatures on Mercury can get down to -279°F and up to 801°F.
Rotation and Revolution
The rotation of Mercury takes about 58.7 earth days, and one revolution of mercury takes about 0.24 earth years.
What Mercury is made of
Mercury's core is made up of liquid metal which is surrounded by a mantle that is made of silica and a solid outer crust.
- Mercury is the smallest planet in the solar system
- Mercury is named after the fast- footed Roman messenger of the gods, Mercury
- The surface of Mercury looks like Earth's moon
- If you weigh 100 pounds on Earth you would weigh 38 pounds on Mercury
- Mercury is the second densest planet in our solar system after Earth
Tiny Planet Mercury Is Shrinking Fast