Eastern Heights Elementary School, November 2022
Dear Eastern Heights Families,
I want to begin by saying that I hope this message finds you safe and well during this time of the season.
Thursday, October 27th, was the last day of the 1st quarter. If you have questions regarding your child's progress in school, please reach out to your child's teacher. Please remember that regular attendance at the elementary school level is essential to each student’s success, as it sets up a good pattern for your child’s entire school career. Please make sure your child is here every day possible. Also, please make sure that you have updated your child's emergency card- this must be done every year, for each child you have at ECSD.
Just a few reminders:
- Please encourage your student to exemplify the "3 Bees"- ask your student about this, they will be happy to tell you all about them!
- Thank you for helping us keep drop off and arrival running smoothly, we appreciate you! We understand that this takes time, and you will see more important reminders below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Thank you for your continued support.
Your Partner in Education,
From the Desk of Mr. Bruner
I hope that you all are doing well. Attached is information for the popcorn fundraiser pickup. All of the students worked very hard and did so well with this! It honestly turned out better than I could have imagined.
Your support in this venture is noted and appreciated. Thank you for all you do.
See the information below. If you have any questions, please call 440-284-8011.
Popcorn pickup times will be on:
Wednesday, November 2nd 2022 from 3:15- 5:30 PM.
Thursday, November 3rd will be from 1:30 - 4:30 PM.
Procedures for Popcorn Pickup:
-Please Pick your child up first
-Circle back around the building to the front parking lot by the main entrance and park
-Proceed to the front doors and buzz in
-Let staff know you’re here for popcorn pickup
-Proceed to music room
-Give your student's name for the order
-Once you have the order you're free to go
Please call with any questions.
Conferences - November 7th & 10th
Eastern Heights Elementary School is using PTCFast.com to make parent/teacher conference signups as convenient and easy as possible. Please CLICK HERE to access the sign-ups.
You will find the available virtual time slots under Eastern Heights Conferences- then your child's teachers name. If you have any questions please call the school at 284-8011.
Scholastic Book Fair is Coming to EHES!
A HUGE Thank you goes out to the volunteers who have signed up to help us out with the book fair. There are still a few slots open. Please sign up here if you would like to volunteer 😊
If you have any questions about our upcoming fair, please feel free to reach out to Chris Toney, our Book Fair Coordinator, at email@example.com.
- Report Cards will be completed on the 4th of November after 3:30 p.m. You will receive an email from School Messenger.
- PowerSchool LINK
You can also find more information here:
November Dates to Remember
2 - Q1 PBIS Incentive - Fall Fun Fest! during the school day
2 - Popcorn Fundraiser Pick-up from 3:15-5:30
3 - Walking Club @ 8:30am
3 - Gotmusic 3:15-4:15pm
3 - Popcorn Fundraiser Pick-Up from 1:30-4:30pm
7-11 - Book Fair @ EHES
7 - Conferences
8 - No School for Students, PD DAY
10 - Gotmusic 3:15-4:15
10 - Conferences
11 - Student Council Meeting @ 8:30am
15 - Tech E Club @ 8:00am
17 - Walking Club @ 8:30am
17 - Gotmusic 3:15-4:15
22 - Tech E Club @ 8:00am
23-25 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
28 - Picture Make-Up Day
30 - Interims go home
If students arrive after 9:10, they will be marked tardy.
No dogs are permitted on the campus at arrival.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR CAR TAG EASILY VISIBLE IN YOUR CAR DURING DISMISSAL.
Any parent/guardian picking up a student in the car rider line will need to make sure that their car rider tag is visible in the car. Please note that the purpose for this car rider tag is to ensure a safe and smooth dismissal at Eastern Heights Elementary.
A few reminders:
- Please make sure you are pulling all the way forward
- Please stay in your car. If you do need to get out of your car to help your child, please park on a side street and walk up.
- Please have your child load and unload on the curbside of the school (passenger side of car) for your child's safety
- No dogs are permitted on the campus at dismissal.
ELYRIA CITY SCHOOLS BELIEF STATEMENTS
- Learners thrive when school is engaging and personally meaningful
- All Pioneers have a voice in decisions that affect them
- Excellence is achieved through vision, commitment and moral leadership