Grant Family Focus
February 8th, 2016
- Monday February 8- Reading Incentive Badges Ironed (One of the many highlight of the visit from Mt. Horeb was related to the the badges. They thought our Reading Incentive was a cool idea! Thank you for sending your kids!)
- Tuesday February 9- Grade Level Meetings (instead of Thursday)
- Tuesday February 9- Wellness Visit 1:30-3:30 (hope the cookies are cleared out of the lounge!)
- Wednesday February 10- Staff Meeting 2:15-3:15
- Thursday February 11- 3:15-4:15 Mindset Book Study group meeting in room 16
- Thursday February 11- 6:30-8:00 PTO Meeting
- Friday February 12- SLO updates are due
- Monday February 15- No School- Building open 7am-12pm
- Wednesday February 17- No Meeting scheduled (use this time to complete any subcommittee work or use for prep time)
Spotlight Visit #2
In an effort to use our time best, please review this slide show, video and/or article prior to our meeting. (This is known as "flipping" your instruction, thus the title :)) The article and other information is linked on the first slide.
Please bring the following for discussion:
* Ideas and answers to the questions on the last slide.
* Bring an example of an upcoming purpose statement ("I can statements")
Parent Teacher Conferences
Also, I appreciated all of the conference attendance sheets that were returned from the Fall conferences. It provides me with information to share at Principal's meetings when we discuss conference dates and times. Once you have completed the final tally for Spring conferences, please turn those into the office. As always, I am open to any feedback you may have regarding the conference dates and times.
If you are interested in trying it out, but are not comfortable with the technology here are a few options:
1). Check with Jenny Z. She said she was happy to come in and help your class get going.
2). We have a number of classrooms already using Seesaw. Check with a fellow staff member and see if they are willing to have their students share with your students.
3). I am also willing to help out or use the resources below.