Early Education Center
What a great start to the school year! We are settling into a new season and a new routine and we are grateful you choose the Early Education Center as your early childhood home. We look forward to supporting your student's healthy development in the months to come!
The Early Education Team
Take Home Tips: Engagement Edition
It's no question that students benefit, academically and socially, when parents are engaged in their child's school experience. Here are just a few ideas to keep you connected to what your child experiences in their classroom.
- Vote on or before November 5 Find out the facts below to make an informed decision on the upcoming levy vote.
- Coffee Connections Join our weekly parents only coffee group to discuss timely parenting topics and celebrate the joys and challenges of raising young children.
- Parent Volunteer Committee Join the group of active parents supporting our classrooms and programming through input and practical support. Ask the front desk for more info.
- Parenting with Pride Learn what makes communication at the Early Education Center so helpful and use the same skills at home for a calmer household.
- Donations We gratefully accept like new children's books, toys winter gear, clothes and puzzles.
- Your child's teacher may have other ideas. Reach out anytime!
Securing Funding for Our Schools
Let's face it - parents are busy! You don’t have to wait until November 5 to vote on Alexandria Public Schools funding request - you can vote early!
Early voting takes place at the district office, located in the Woodland Elementary School building, 1410 S. McKay. You can vote Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm, or during these extended hours:
Tuesday, Oct 29, 7:30am-7:00pm
Thursday, Oct 31,7:30am-7:00pm
Monday, Nov 4, 7:30am-7:00pm
Watch this short video to learn more about our funding request - and make sure to exercise your right to vote. If you don't take advantage of early voting days as listed above, be sure to head to the polls on November 5.
Levy Comparison Chart
We are currently one of the only school districts in our area without a voter-approved operating levy - an important source of funding that ensures we can sustain important student programs and supports for your children.
Early Education Center
Our Vision is to be an extraordinary school district that tailors learning for each child, by working together!