What YouTube is all about
How YouTube first looked
YouTube looked very different then how it looks now.
These are the guys that invented YouTube
There names are Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim.
This is how YouTube looks now
It looks more better than it looked before when it was first made.
2. 400 hours of videos are uploaded every minute
3. YouTube was founded by Chad Hurley, Steven Chen, and Jawed Karim
4. Founded on Febuary 14, 2005
5. In October 2006, Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion in stocks
6. Just 18 months after YouTube’s creation. Karim received $66 million in Google stock, Chen received $310 million, and Hurley received $334 million.
6. Acquisition date: November 13, 2006
7. There are over 7,000 hours of full-length movies and shows on YouTube and is still growing.
8. More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month.
9. YouTube has signed over 10,000 advertising partners to date.
10. Only 30% of YouTube's traffic comes from USA. Other countries contribute 70% of the traffic.
11. YouTube has more HD content than any other online
12. It is said that it will take 1,700 years to watch all the video content on YouTube.
13. YouTube is localized in 56 countries and available in 61 different languages.
14. One-third of the world is on YouTube
15. 80% of views from outside the US
16. YouTube was originally a dating site
17. YouTube has been around for 12 years