Walden PTO Weekly October 5, 2018
IN THIS ISSUE
- LMC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- PHILANTHROPY CLUB BOOK DRIVE
- GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE DEERFIELD: VETERAN'S DAY
- SKATE NIGHT
- WALDEN'S VETERAN'S DAY BREAKFAST AND ASSEMBLY
- BOX TOPS
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER IN THE LMC!
It's that time of year - Walden Library (LMC) Volunteer Signups!
Click this link to sign up: http://signup.com/go/cYNpyLj
- Please note that this year due to school-wide scheduling changes, each class visits the LMC for 15 minutes weekly to check out books rather than a full "special." Due to these changes, we will only need LMC volunteers this year for grades K-3. (Classes will continue to do special projects with our amazing LMC throughout the year.)
- Volunteers will help children select age appropriate books and help to re-shelve books.
- Please only sign up for one spot per child per family. We will open it up soon for additional spots, once everyone has had a chance to sign up.
- All Monday, Tuesday and Thursday time slots are for a specific 30/35-minute period.
- If your child has library on Wednesdays or Fridays, the time slot you will select from will be longer than 30 minutes - but you need only attend for 30 minutes during that window while your child is there. Wednesday and Friday library times: WEDNESDAY: Williams 9:10-9:25. Epstein 9:50-10:05. Lacefield 10:15-10:30. Devitt 12:20-12:35. Fraboni 12:50-1:05. Grossman 1:05-1:20. FRIDAY: Frank 12:30-12:45. Gibson 2:20-2:35
Please contact Alison Lambert with any questions: email@example.com
Philanthropy Club BooK Drive
Don’t Forget…..the Walden Philanthropy Club’s book drive for Bernie’s Book Bank is still going on until October 15th! Please donate your gently used books. The collection bins are in the front lobby of the school. Our goal is to collect 1700 books! Help us to beat our goal!
GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE DEERFIELD: VETERAN'S DAY
The Deerfield Village Hall is inviting Walden to partner in our annual Give Where You Live Deerfield for Veteran’s Day. This is a program that assembles care packages for Veterans. To help accomplish their goal, they are asking Walden Elementary School students and staff to collect SOCKS; socks are not provided at the Veterans facilities. By involving our children in this process we are teaching them what Veteran’s Day is truly about: these men and women put their lives on the line to protect us and our freedom. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment. There will be a collection box in the front lobby of our school starting October 1st. Thank you for all of your support.
Walden's Veterans Day Breakfast and Assembly
We are inviting all local veterans back this year to join us starting at 8:00am in the MPR for a breakfast with the staff and then attend our all school assembly. For those veterans available and interested, we would love to have them back in our classrooms after the assembly to meet with the students.
If you or someone you know is a veteran or is currently serving, and would be interested in joining this wonderful experience, please email:
Kelly Jakymiw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lydia St. John (email@example.com)
The last day for the Fall Box Tops competition is Friday, 10/26.